PDA

View Full Version : Lots of variable at play on this one...

Jake (The Snake)
06-22-2005, 11:03 PM
MP1 is passive. Button's VPIP is 90% but he is fairly aggressive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ...

I didn't play this one, but if I was I probably would have been going for a c/r on the turn (as it looks like Hero was trying to do). Who likes a bet out on the turn better?

As for the situation now, would you fold here? If you continue, what is your plan on a blank/scare card river?

Please give reasons for any answers.

Jake (The Snake)
06-22-2005, 11:07 PM
My own thoughts are that I'd probably fold to the c/r but be kind of unhappy about it. While MP1 could have turned a straight or have slowplayed a flush, he could easily have a lower two pair. Button could have a hugely wide range and I'm not terribly concerned about him.

What makes me lean to fold is that even if I'm ahead I'll be outdrawn a lot on the river. Also, the pot isn't huge.

crego20
06-22-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm folding this one.

The Button may be aggressive, but he has so far bet ever
chance he's had, and when the passive springs to life on the
big bet street I think I'm drawing to 4 outs, and fold.

JTG51
06-22-2005, 11:21 PM
"While MP1 could have turned a straight or have slowplayed a flush, he could easily have a lower two pair."

If he's really passive, it's hard to put him on a worse hand. Passive players aren't going to check raise 3-flush, 3-straight turns with two pair after the flop was raised very often.

I'd 3-bet the flop and lead the turn. Going for the turn check raise is bad if there's any chance Button's flop raise was a free card play. Letting the turn get checked around in that case would be a disaster.

Jake (The Snake)
06-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah I don't know. This seems like a wait until a safe turn card to raise situation to me... but if button is doing a free card play that would really suck.

JTG51
06-22-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I don't know. This seems like a wait until a safe turn card to raise situation to me... but if button is doing a free card play that would really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then again, no one ever takes free cards anymore, so that's probably not a big concern here.