PDA

View Full Version : hmmmmm

SmileyEH
06-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Villian has tag stats over 25 hands. Weird eh? Bet or check?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (19.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks

-SmileyEH

mantasm
06-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I think you can go ahead and check. I have no idea what's going on but I don't want to be checkraised and i don't know what worse hand he would play like this.

molawn2mo
06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
hero chops

TripleH68
06-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Check it.

CO calls a lot. That is one expensive draw.

sthief09
06-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifx/images/graemlins/heart.gif makes sense

either way I bet

to anyone who says check: give me a [censored] break

mantasm
06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifx/images/graemlins/heart.gif makes sense

either way I bet

to anyone who says check: give me a [censored] break

[/ QUOTE ]

and call the checkraise i assume? no i will not give you a break.

JTG51
06-22-2005, 11:14 PM
The better BB is, the more likely he is to be trapping you. Afterall, it's pretty obvious you have a Q.

That said, I'm betting almost every time. Occasionally getting trapped is part of not missing value bets.

mantasm
06-22-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The better BB is, the more likely he is to be trapping you. Afterall, it's pretty obvious you have a Q.

That said, I'm betting almost every time. Occasionally getting trapped is part of not missing value bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Co isn't in there? I just noticed it's not headsup

JTG51
06-22-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter. CO is so likely to have a busted draw that you can almost ignore him.

TripleH68
06-22-2005, 11:17 PM
One break coming up!

Like your read.

SmileyEH
06-22-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Co has a frush draw 95% of the time here.

-SmileyEH

Catt
06-22-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this and sthief's read -- Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif x/images/graemlins/heart.gif seems a favorite for his hand. I also agree that CO is almost certainly on a busted flush draw and can safely be ignored.

I bet this and I call a raise -- if BB traps me for an extra BB, good for him. I'll take my chances with a T-kicker and extract another bet from what I think is most likely another Q.

SmileyEH
06-23-2005, 12:05 AM
I checked like the little girl I am. Villian had Qh8h and MHIG.

To recap: Sthief &gt;&gt;&gt; Smiley

-SmileyEH

elindauer
06-23-2005, 01:14 AM
His play is totally consistent with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif x /images/graemlins/heart.gif. The only question is, what is x? Is x &gt; T?

Well, the river check tells you everything. He attacked the flop with top pair + flush draw. On the turn, your raise scared him a little, but getting 2:1 with a hand that could be best and has a lot of ways to win if behind, he pushed his edge and 3-bet. Now he misses the river, and he's decided that with a raiser and a coldcaller on the turn, his kicker is no good. I'd bet he his kicker doesn't even play. Bet.

Good luck.
Eric