PDA

View Full Version : Donkbetcity

sethypooh21
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
It seems that a huge part of my recent issues have been dealing poorly with those bets from left field. Building back up at 1/2 yet I remain a donk bet magnate...

Hand 1: Villain is LAG, I don't think I'm folding anyway, but who knows?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Hands 2 + 3, same villain in both - very loose, very passive general, but LOVES to donkbet the turn (i think his whole AF is turn DB's...)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

And of course, the dreaded SB donk bet with a A on the river...SB is similar in profile to villain in hands 2 + 3, but has donkbetted a ton of rivers (mostly HU when I had busted draws so I did not have a good read on what he might bet here...)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

River: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Bill Smith
06-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Hand 1: I think I call down this time if you don't have a more specific read on what he'll donkbet. Give some weight to that result the next time he makes the same play. Take notes!

Hand 2: Bet the river.

Hand 3: Very loose/passive = never folds, so why bluff the turn? Even with the massive draw you have, you can rest assured this is going to showdown one way or the other. Normally I'd say this raise is good, but not against this particular opponent.

Hand 4: Looks fine.

dhaimon
06-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Hand1: I fold, not because I necessesarily (sp=?!!) give him credit for a hand, but this pot is so small I wipe my ass with it.

Hand2: Bet the river.

Hand3: Ouch. I have no clue how I'd play this. Wish you would have stopped results after the donkbet. Your line looks fine though.

Hand4: This one sucks... probably a call though.

Scapegote
06-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Man, I go on semi-tilt every time someone does this too me. Anyway,

Hand 1 - You see people do this with a draw waaaay too often to fold here, he could easily have just a 9 or some other weird draw. I call down here too. As already mentioned, pay attention to what he has when he shows down, what a person will Stop N Go is something I always take a note on, and I'm a horrible notetaker

Hand 2 - You raised cause you thought you had the best hand on the turn, you gotta bet the river or else you might as well just call him down.

Hand 3 - Just looking at the last two hands without knowing his cards I don't think a raise here is wise. You are just putting money in while behind. Just call, and if you hit, you'll be able to bump him on the river.

Hand 4 - Wow that blows, but I call.

Wynton
06-23-2005, 10:00 AM
Hand 1: Fold. I'm 98% sure you're beat.
Hand 2: Raise the river.
Hand 3: Just call the turn, now that you have a draw. I also don't think the raise accomplishes anything. It's not like you're hoping to get a cheap showdown.
Hand 4: Tough one. I'm pretty sure you're beat, but don't know if I'm sure enough to fold. Problem is you don't know if your opponent who is yet to act was calling up till then on a draw.

RunDownHouse
06-23-2005, 10:38 AM
1: Fold.

2: Bet that river every time. You definitely left 1BB on the table there.

3: I don't mind the raise so much because I don't think the average player bet/3bets like this. You'd think if he flopped trip queens he'd go for the c/r. All that being said, I just call because its HU and its not like you are pumping your draw against multiple opponents.

4: Easy call.