PDA

View Full Version : Final table flop!!

Firetrap
06-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Guys,

My tournament play has been coming along really well in the past few months. I am regularly making the money and have made quite a few final tables. However my preformance once there has been disappointing to say the least - no finishes better than 5th.

This is made worse when i tell you that i aim for the top so on the bubbles im prepared to go out in the quest to build big chip stacks...hence when i do get to the final table i usually in the top 2 or 3 in chips!!!

Every table is different, so telling you that i have a particular strategy would be wrong...generally though i like to make a lot of small raises when 1st in the pot, and take cheap stabs on the flop then when appropriate...pressure is the name of my game.

Its the same way i play really when in STT, im a regular top 3 finisher in them...so what am i missing? Is a couple of months not long enough for me to expect the higher places to come?

Have just got HOH2 and will be going over the final table play in there to see if im missing anything obvious. Any practical ideas on how i could improve this situation? I practice on wilson software and analyse my hand history on PT - i gotta say, its [censored] hard work for what i get out of it!!! Or could it be that im simply the greg norman of the $30 buy ins /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just came 5th in one there now - did have a chance to go 2 x clear in chips with AA v QQ - but a flush came on the board for split lol.

Cheers