PDA

View Full Version : for irishhand

brad
01-24-2003, 03:36 PM
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_1587.shtml

An angry Rumsfeld, who backs Bush without question, is said to have told the Joint Chiefs to get in line or find other jobs. Bush is also said to be “extremely angry” at what he perceives as growing Pentagon opposition to his role as Commander in Chief.

“The President considers this nation to be at war,” a White House source says,” and, as such, considers any opposition to his policies to be no less than an act of treason.”

IrishHand
01-24-2003, 04:14 PM
August, 1939:

An angry Goering, who backs Hitler without question, is said to have told the General Staff to get in line or find other jobs. Hitler is also said to be “extremely angry” at what he perceives as growing Wehrmacht opposition to his role as Commander in Chief.

“The Fuehrer considers this nation to be at war,” a Wilhelmstrasse source says,” and, as such, considers any opposition to his policies to be no less than an act of treason.”

Sorry...couldn't resist that one. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

brad
01-24-2003, 04:21 PM
funny thats exactly what i thought when i read it.

IrishHand
01-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Anytime you need to convince military leaders to go to war, given their natural predisposition to do so, something is wrong.

IrishHand
01-25-2003, 09:59 AM
From CNN (Powell claims "at least a dozen" silent allies (http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/01/25/sprj.irq.powell/index.html)):
-------------------------------
Despite recent wavering from some European countries, Powell said the United States has the support of at least a dozen unnamed countries, "with or without" another U.N. resolution approving a military strike on Iraq.

"I don't want to give names or give you a count, because I think each country should speak for itself on a matter as important as this," Powell said, en route to Davos. "So we would not be alone, that's for sure. I could rattle off at least a dozen off memory and I think there will be more."
-----------------------------

International dialogue translated:
"Nobody likes you. You're a meanie."
"Lotsa people like me!"
"ok - who?"
"I'm not telling. Go talk to them. So there!"

IrishHand
01-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Later...

DAVOS, Switzerland (CNN) -- The United States reserves the right to act alone against Baghdad, Colin Powell said Sunday.

Ray Zee
01-26-2003, 11:36 AM
no matter what happens we get a black eye. the going to war without the worlds support when not in any danger at all, will surely alienate the world to us. hate to say it but it sure looks like imperialism.