PDA

View Full Version : The Godfather Movies

istewart
06-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Rank them. Although probably nobody will list the third film first, I will include it for the sake of completeness.

CallMeIshmael
06-22-2005, 07:01 PM

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-22-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DeezNuts
06-22-2005, 07:02 PM

I just like Bobby DeNiro as a young Don Corleone too much.

DN

Soul Daddy
06-22-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

istewart
06-22-2005, 07:04 PM
I voted I, II, III as well but Godfather II is damn [censored] good. I like Pacino more than De Niro in it though.

nothumb
06-22-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm with Snoop on this one.

213 bitches.

NT

youtalkfunny
06-23-2005, 02:26 AM
Remember the old line about Eric Drache being the 10th best stud player, but only playing the other nine guys?

GF2 is the second-greatest film ever.

oreogod
06-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Anyone ever see that version of I and II they put out that combined both of them into one movie and put all the scenes in sequence.

It started with De Niros scenes in Godfather II and moved through godfather part 1, then on to the scenes of godfather 2 that happened after part 1.

It was some sort of Box set that was released on VHS a while back. Intresting stuff.

correia
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever see that version of I and II they put out that combined both of them into one movie and put all the scenes in sequence.

It started with De Niros scenes in Godfather II and moved through godfather part 1, then on to the scenes of godfather 2 that happened after part 1.

It was some sort of Box set that was released on VHS a while back. Intresting stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds really interesting, they should have released that with the dvd set.

1,2,3 in my opinion by the way. 1 and 2 are close though.

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bronzepiglet
06-23-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if I had to pick one movie it could be hard to choose the DeNiro scenes over the Brando scenes from 1. DeNiro adds a lot, but he sort of builds on what was there and what we know about the character.

I choose 1,2,3 but wouldn't fault anybody for 2,1,3... any other combo is a little silly, of course.

hogua
06-23-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure, but I think that was done for a network (maybe CBS) several years ago ans shown as a mini-series. I've seen it pop up on cable a few times (Bravo maybe).

jakethebake
06-23-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sawe a version of this awhile back, and they just completely eliminated the entire young Godfather stuff. I kept waiting for it. I was so pissed.

sfer
06-23-2005, 11:50 AM
The original is fun. Three is boring. Two is a masterpiece.

swede123
06-23-2005, 12:18 PM
The first one is great. The second one is incredible. The third one is ok.

Robert DeNiro > Marlon Brando.

Swede

Blarg
06-23-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm a way bigger DeNiro fan than Brando, but I picked 1,2,3. I don't think DeNiro's character was really developed very well. There's a missing movie in there somewhere, with only a few sketchy high points hit to remind us of it. I'd still be very happy to see that missing movie.

I think the first one had a better narrative through-line and structure and more interesting characters and character development than the second one.

Never saw the third.

Nottom
06-23-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sawe a version of this awhile back, and they just completely eliminated the entire young Godfather stuff. I kept waiting for it. I was so pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you didn't just miss the beginning of the movie?

yoadrians
06-23-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you didn't just miss the beginning of the movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they ran on 'Bravo', and yes, he must've missed the beginning of the movie, because the old scenes were def. there.

As for me, I go back and forth. In the end, though, I try to ask myself: If I could ONLY watch GI or GII for the rest of my life, and NEVER see the other again, which one would I choose? Asking it that way, I would have to pick the first one, ONLY because it's a better stand-alone movie. Kind of like the first 'Star Wars' (actually, EIV, A New Hope) - it stands on it's own and is the one I'd like to watch over and over again the most, even though I think EV: The Empire Strikes Back is the strongest part of the orig. trilogy.

Within the trilogy, I believe Godfather II is the best overall movie. But the best stand-alone movie is GI. So I guess I'm on the fence: 1 is the one I like to WATCH more, but 2 is the BEST of the trilogy.

Do you understand? Do I make any sense at all here?

LargeCents
06-23-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted 1,2,3. But, I see your point. A young DeNiro and a young Pacino in the same movie, are you kidding me?! Both were in their prime and doing what they do best. I voted 1 over 2 only because 1 stands on it's own and sets the stage for 2. Both are great. 3 is decent, but is a notch below the other two.

Willluck
06-28-2005, 04:44 AM
Great films. Too depressing to watch all the time. It was really a toss up between 1,2,3 and 2,1/3 for me, 1&2 were equal, IMO. 2 might be somewhat more interesting, because it holds the climax of the story(like Empire).