PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand involving possible free showdown move

stillbr
06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
party 3-6

I'm delt 99 in the CO. Folded to me, I raise. Button cold calls(bad player). SB folds. BB 3 bets(no reads besides he seems to be a tight player--his range for 3betting here would seem to be pretty small). I call, Button calls.

Flop comes 5, 5, 7 (suites un-important)

BB bets, I call, button calls

Turn is another 7.

BB bets, I raise.....

Thoughts?

PhiGamTN
06-22-2005, 06:31 PM
if his range of 3 betting hands is small why not raise the flop to knock out the button and define your hand, if he 3 bets you can (most likely) put him on a bigger pair and safely fold hte turn if he just calls he will most likely check to you on the turn at which point you can reevaluate and either take the free card or bet for value...

einbert
06-22-2005, 06:49 PM
I like it.

The only thing I question is whether BB would bet AK into two people again here, but I think on this board it isn't too unlikely that he would.

Nice hand.

stillbr
06-22-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if his range of 3 betting hands is small why not raise the flop to knock out the button and define your hand, if he 3 bets you can (most likely) put him on a bigger pair and safely fold hte turn if he just calls he will most likely check to you on the turn at which point you can reevaluate and either take the free card or bet for value...

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is a bad player...hes not folding two high cards if i flop raise

stillbr
06-22-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

The only thing I question is whether BB would bet AK into two people again here, but I think on this board it isn't too unlikely that he would.

Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So assume button folds and BB calls. River is another blank.

BB checks. I check???

Chuckles1248
06-22-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So assume button folds and BB calls. River is another blank.

BB checks. I check???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this depends on how aggressive BB is. If he is aggressive enough to bluff check-raise here, then check behind. If he isn't then I think a value bet is in order, as you can easily fold to a check-raise and A high might call you, figuring they have a chance to win the pot with just A kicker.

einbert
06-22-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB checks. I check???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure does seem like you have the best hand here, and it also seems like ace high isn't folding. I think you have a value bet.

Grease
06-22-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure does seem like you have the best hand here, and it also seems like ace high isn't folding. I think you have a value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]