PDA

View Full Version : Survey: 3 Simple Questions about tables

swatkaizen
06-22-2005, 06:16 PM
So I had a very profitable night last night. There was something different about this table. Which got me thinking about table selection and relative position, and I'm curious what you guys think are the most important.

Thanks for the input! And I look forward to any discussion below (especially any choices I may have missed).

hobbsmann
06-22-2005, 06:23 PM
so I'm curious as to why people voted for both the sitting to the right of a maniac and the sitting to the right of two >30 VPIPers. When sitting to left you of the maniac you will be able to put in insolation raises an extract maximum value from him. As for the high VPIPers I would think you want them to your right (them sitting on your left) because they will be in so many pots that you are going to want position on them when you do enter pots.

swatkaizen
06-22-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When sitting to left you of the maniac you will be able to put in insolation raises an extract maximum value from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what happened last night to me. I was 2 places to the left of a maniac with loose players to his right and tight players behind me. He was very agressive. Raising and reraising but very loose. So I would come in with a better starting hand selection and after he raised, I would reraise to isolate. Those on his immediately right would often fold when it came back to them 2 more bets. Happened time and time again. It was a very good night for me.

When I wasn't in a hand, he would find creative ways to push others out of a pot. He was confusing most of the players at the table. It also caused a high turnover.

I'll be looking for more maniacs in the future. Although, I wouldn't want to be sandwiched between them. Preferably only one to my near right.

Emmitt2222
06-22-2005, 07:12 PM
all you need to know (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=156 7311&Forum=All_Forums&Words=-Re%3A&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1567311&Search=tr ue&where=bodysub&Name=5524&daterange=1&newerval=1& newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post156 7311)

In the case of a maniac you want them on your right, in the case of the rare extreme maniac you probably want them on your immediate left because it is like having the button every hand. Everything else is discussed in that thread.

swatkaizen
06-22-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all you need to know (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=156 7311&Forum=All_Forums&Words=-Re%3A&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1567311&Search=tr ue&where=bodysub&Name=5524&daterange=1&newerval=1& newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post156 7311)

In the case of a maniac you want them on your right, in the case of the rare extreme maniac you probably want them on your immediate left because it is like having the button every hand. Everything else is discussed in that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I remember reading that post a few weeks ago when I was searching for threads on position. Now it makes more sense to me. I've added it as a favorite. Rereading bison's post/comments I would think there would be even more votes for relative position. Maybe more people think that it's more hassle than quickly picking a high VP$IP table though.

Bob T.
06-22-2005, 09:26 PM
so I'm curious as to why people voted for both the sitting to the right of a maniac and the sitting to the right of two >30 VPIPers.

I don't understand their thinking at all either. Money flows to the left, you want the money at risk on the table to be on your right, where it can flow to you.

It is possible to win in games with loose players on your left, especially if they are maniacs, with loose players behind them, but it is a lot harder than winning with the loose players on your right.

JTG51
06-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Give me a seat with a couple of loose, bad players to my right and a couple of tight players to my left, and I'll be happy regardless of who's in the other seats.