PDA

View Full Version : The pockets of jeans today

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 05:24 PM
So yesterday I went clothes shopping, bought 2 pairs of jeans and a bunch of polo shirts. The jeans were 60-70$, I've spent about twice as much on jeans but these were nice and I liked them. But they were expensive enough to be well designed, theyre not 15$ jeans from walmart, thats the point.

So I put one pair on this morning and I cant [censored] fit my hands in the pockets. The opening is just not very large. These are not tight ass eurofag jeans, they are regular, decently loose denim ones. You should be able to put a cellphone/billfold in the left pocket, wallet and keys + change in the right, along with something else. I cant fit my wallet in these. My wallet is normal sized. The actual pockets are big enough to hold everything, the opening is just ridiculously small. Now I'm a pretty big person, over 6 feet, and have larger than normal hands but this is ridiculous. I go in to get my keys and the top part rubs up against my knuckles and wont fit. WTF?

This is some pretty decent vagina joke fodder. Would it be looser in in pooper?

miajag81
06-22-2005, 05:34 PM
I've noticed this about jeans too, but I thought it was just because I got fat.

treeofwisdom7
06-22-2005, 05:37 PM
i get mine from ross.. some of us dont make 15k a week.

anyways i have jeans just like yours. i think the problem is the =style of jeans . i.e. it is tight around your hips.

try walmart. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brainwalter
06-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Well did you get fat?

MEbenhoe
06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
You are a noob at shopping for jeans. I kinda always assumed people knew to check the pockets before buying a pair of jeans.

Eurotrash
06-22-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These are not tight ass eurofag jeans, they are regular, decently loose denim ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

F U

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 05:47 PM
No, I am not fat. I am slim.

vulturesrow
06-22-2005, 05:49 PM
HIJACK:

Your avatar is awesome.

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Theyre still badly designed. I got them because the chick I was with said they looked good on me. that pretty much sealed the deal. btw, shopping with chicks is the nuts.

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i get mine from ross.. some of us dont make 15k a month

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

swede123
06-22-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i get mine from ross.. some of us dont make 15k a decade

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Try Lucky brand jeans. These are among the more comfortable jeans I've worn (very soft denim) with plenty big pockets.

Swede

Blarg
06-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Dude, you're wrong. They ARE Eurofag jeans, designed to appeal to people who pay $120 for jeans and figure they've found a bargain, not people who want durable work pants, which is what jeans really are.

The reason the pockets are so small is they figure you're just going to be carrying everything in your purse.

SossMan
06-22-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...wallet and keys + change in the right,...

[/ QUOTE ]

wallet in the front right pocket? what kind of freak are you?

jakethebake
06-22-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, shopping with chicks is nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

SossMan
06-22-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...wallet and keys + change in the right,...

[/ QUOTE ]

wallet in the front right pocket? what kind of freak are you? that's almost as bad as putting your wallet in your left asscheek pocket.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-22-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason the pockets are so small is they figure you're just going to be carrying everything in your purse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 07:15 PM
jake, you must have misread me. I said the nuts, as in it resulted in me getting laid with said girl.

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, they might be designed to appeal to young people who will pay more than they should for clothes, but theyre not the eurofag "tight around the ass/ripped showing skin on your thigh" kind. btw these were 65$ jeans, not 120. I dont consider them a bargain or cheap, just that I would spend more. I'm a young guy with few committments (no gf to support, no kids, etc) and a nice chunk of tax free (or not strenuously 100% reported) income from poker.

Its not that the pockets are small, once I get my wallet and crap in theyre big enough, you just have to squeeze them out. Fanny pack?

btw, what is everyone elses setup in terms of pockets? I go: cellphone and roll of bills in left pocket, keys/wallet with cards and smaller bills/ change in right, plus a pen or pencil. is that not normal?

shant
06-22-2005, 07:29 PM
I usually try putting my hands into the pockets when trying on jeans.

thatpfunk
06-22-2005, 07:56 PM
No wallet, money clip. Solves a lot of problems.

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 08:03 PM
I already have bigger bills, 20s, 50s, and up in my left pocket. Thats usually where I keep bulk cash, since I play a lot live I usually will carry a lot. The money section of my wallet is mostly for 5s and 10s so I dont have to take out 2,000$ to buy lunch. In my wallet I have a lot of cards to carry, 2 bank cards, metrocards, student ID, health insurance card, fake ID, fake ID #2, receipts/bank stuff, a bunch of calling cards with phone #s and addresses, my wallet does a good job.

thatpfunk
06-22-2005, 08:12 PM
You bring what you need for where you're going. You'd be suprised how often all you need is your drivers license and $100 (or whatever arbitrary amount you think you need, i actually prefer bank card/check card over money).

touchfaith
06-22-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I already have bigger bills, 20s, 50s, and up in my left pocket. Thats usually where I keep bulk cash, since I play a lot live I usually will carry a lot. The money section of my wallet is mostly for 5s and 10s so I dont have to take out 2,000$ to buy lunch. In my wallet I have a lot of cards to carry, 2 bank cards, metrocards, student ID, health insurance card, fake ID, fake ID #2, receipts/bank stuff, a bunch of calling cards with phone #s and addresses, my wallet does a good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look on the bright side, if you ever get mugged, they won't be able to get the cash out of your pocket.

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look on the bright side, if you ever get mugged, they won't be able to get the cash out of your pocket

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

I dont carry a lot of cash all the time, just when I'm going to play poker, which is... almost all the time. nyc is really safe as long as you dont go anywhere stupid.

Tron
06-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Small wallet in front right pocket with two debit cards, some cash, my driver's license, and two or three miscellaneous plastics.

Cell phone in my left front pocket, and keys hooked on my belt loop and tucked in the left front. If I'm not wearing jeans I just throw them in the left pocket.

I don't like carrying much in my pockets, and I HATE having stuff in my back pockets save a piece of paper or something like that.

Blarg
06-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Stuff in my back pockets falls out too much, makes sitting weird, or gets sweated into on hot days. Plus it's much more easily pick-pocketed. I've lost many wallets from my back pocket, so now I keep mine in the front right, where I've never lost one from. Keys are on a keyring attached to it. Left carries a few odd bills so I don't have to make a big production out of digging my wallet out. Keys and wallet in the right front pocket make a solid feeling lump that I can feel secure about knowing is always in there.

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 08:37 PM
i dont put stuff in my back pocket so they dont get pickpocketed as well. at least theres an upside to these new pants, im never getting pickpocketed...ever. i have a whole little routine i go through where i "feel the bills, the cellphone, wallet, and jingle the keys to make sure I have everything.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-22-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm wearing my favorite pair of jeans which come from DKNY (also happen to be my nicest pair) and they don't have this problem. Wallet and car key in left pocket, cell phone and house keys in right, everytime.

Although I think I had another pair of DKNY jeans that had this problem. But they're kind of old and I've put on a little weight since then, so it could be that too.

Eurotrash
06-22-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a whole little routine i go through where i "feel the bills, the cellphone, wallet, and jingle the keys to make sure I have everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious because I thought my semi-OCD ass was the only one who went through this exact routine. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Blarg
06-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Actually everybody does that. Anyone coming from a bank, an automatic teller machine, or a store where they've just spent some money almost always pats or touches, sometimes a few times, a particular pocket for no reason -- the reason actually being that's where their money is. Kind of an unconscious protective "just checking" it's kind of hard to train yourself out of. But it tells people both that you have money and exactly where it is.

If you want to walk around with a concealed weapon, you have to get out of the habit of doing the same thing.

Eurotrash
06-22-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to walk around with a concealed weapon, you have to get out of the habit of doing the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, I just do it with the items in my pockets, but exactly the way Voltron had mentioned, "cell phone, wallet, key jingle."

I make sure I never make a move for my iron unless I really need to let the hollow points fly /images/graemlins/blush.gif

touchfaith
06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Small wallet in front right pocket with two debit cards, some cash, my driver's license, and two or three miscellaneous plastics. Cell phone in my left front pocket, and keys hooked on my belt loop and tucked in the left front.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like carrying much in my pockets...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you fail.

krazyace5
06-22-2005, 10:22 PM
The only jeans worth buying is Levi's.

Tron
06-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Psh, what? I have three objects! My wallet is no more than 1/4" thick and I only have two keys on my keychain.