PDA

View Full Version : K9o - The Sawmill

donger
06-22-2005, 05:08 PM
SB is typical 33/2.2 donkey who's been complaining about how the table is a 'minefield' after cold-calling with 33, making a set, and losing to the PFR's TT bigger set.

BB is typical 27/10 semi-passive type, but no real experience with him yet.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

sam h
06-22-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB is typical 27/10 semi-passive type

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the kind of player you want to bet the turn against here.

donger
06-22-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB is typical 27/10 semi-passive type

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the kind of player you want to bet the turn against here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He's fairly tight and won't call with much that I beat.

J.R.
06-22-2005, 05:12 PM
bet the turn, I'm not sure if your stats have a typo but he looks passive. why did you fear a check-raise? there is a flush draw and he called the flop, so free card may not be so fun and u have reason to expect him to call. few wait to check-raise the turn with an A here, usually leading river or playing flop faster.

sam h
06-22-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why? He's fairly tight and won't call with much that I beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players like this will often have a draw here (as they are not tricky enough to checkraise ace high flops with draws) and will often at least call to the river if not go to showdown with middle or bottom pair. For that reason, the turn bet definitely has value. Second, you can fold to a turn checkraise against this kind of player. Third, this type of player is not that likely to bluff the river.

donger
06-22-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn, I'm not sure if your stats have a typo but he looks passive and fairly loose. why did you fear a check-raise? there is a flush draw and he called the flop, so free crad may not be so fun and u have reason to expect him to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think this is better? He's calling if he has an A and folding if he doesn't. He's unlikely to have a K that I beat, since if so, he probably made 2 pair on the turn.

The pot is small enough and my situation is uncertain enough that I thought that checking with the intention of calling a river bet might be a good idea. I'm way off base here?

Entity
06-22-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn, I'm not sure if your stats have a typo but he looks passive and fairly loose. why did you fear a check-raise? there is a flush draw and he called the flop, so free crad may not be so fun and u have reason to expect him to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think this is better? He's calling if he has an A and folding if he doesn't. He's unlikely to have a K that I beat, since if so, he probably made 2 pair on the turn.

The pot is small enough and my situation is uncertain enough that I thought that checking with the intention of calling a river bet might be a good idea. I'm way off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he's folding a flush draw or JTs or T9s?

donger
06-22-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he's folding a flush draw or JTs or T9s?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that re: likely made hands.

I think I'm starting to see the light. Since this guy is unlikely to CR me with anything I beat, I can safely bet the turn and fold if he leads the river OR if he CRs me? I'm thinking 'free showdown' as I bet the turn, correct?

J.R.
06-22-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's calling if he has an A and folding if he doesn't

[/ QUOTE ]

not if he has a flush draw or straight draw.

IMO A high flops aren't the kind that guys peel one on and then check-fold the turn v a pfr, so he isn't likely to check-fold the turn.

without the flush/straight draws your line is a little better, as is your line better if he is aggro (since turn check-raise bluff and river lead bluff are more probable).

here you can safely fold to a check-raise and haven't given much indication he will bluff the river if you check, but he has given indication he will call the turn (his flop call and numerous draws).

you're free showdowning if he calls turn so ideally under eihter line a bet goes in, given the number of draws you'd rather the bet goes in on the turn than on the river where his range of hands are more liekly better than yours (because he will compleete soem draws and lead)