PDA

View Full Version : Min-raises post-flop PISS me off.

Karak567
06-22-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't know what to do.

Example, the pot is 300, I bet 150 into it with a missed AK on a 582 flop.

I am min raised to 300.

Do I call? Folding here seems so weak, come overtop?

WTF?

kyro
06-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Meh, the minraise is oftentimes a monster. You really aren't getting odds, and if you do hit, you could still be behind. Just suck up your pride and fold your missed AK unless there are other circumstances which warrant a push/call.

Unarmed
06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
You're generally up against a monster.
If its me I'm just attacking a possible c-bet so put me all-in. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

treeofwisdom7
06-22-2005, 04:47 PM
you play the 33's i wouldnt know

at home games a mini raise means a monster.

at the 11's they mean the guys a donk!

Unoriginalname
06-22-2005, 04:52 PM
At the 22's, it's been my experience that when someone min-raises overtop my bet, they usually hit the flop very hard. Their thinking is they don't want to scare you off, but they want to try to extract more chips from you cause they figure you'll call just a few more chips.

jcm4ccc
06-22-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what to do.

Example, the pot is 300, I bet 150 into it with a missed AK on a 582 flop.

I am min raised to 300.

Do I call? Folding here seems so weak, come overtop?

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

The general consensus (I think) is that you bet 1/2 the pot on a missed flop, which is what you did. I don't happen to agree with this. It looks weak, and encourages plays like what happened to you. I think this is especially true when the flop is so pathetic, like this one. The flop clearly didn't help you, so either you have an overpair or you have AK, AQ. The 1/2 pot bet on the flop makes it pretty clear what you have, I think.

I think, if you are going to bet the flop, you should bet like you're ahead, not like you're trying to win the pot cheaply. If I hit my AK, I would tend to bet about 250 on the flop. I might try to save a few chips if the flop misses me (maybe 225), but I'm not betting half the pot. I'd rather fold.

lastchance
06-22-2005, 05:10 PM
I save a helluva lot of chips by counting my outs to top pair, calculating pot odds, and calling if pot odds are there, and folding if they are not.