PDA

View Full Version : Me getting frisky with A8o...

Grease
06-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Villian in question is LA-P (40/25/1) but hasn't ever 3-bet me before. The SB is very LP (VPIP~65). The table seemed to respect my raises a bit too much at this point, hence the steal. (I'm at work, so no HH for you guys now)

Party Poker 2/4 Holdem (10 players)

I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the CO

All fold to me, I raise, Button pops it, SB calls, I groan and call.

Flop: (10 SB)

5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

All check to the button. He bets. SB folds.

Who finds a call here? (11 SB)

Nick C
06-22-2005, 04:28 PM
With the overs and backdoors (granted, they aren't particularly good backdoor draws), I'd go ahead and peel.

By the way, at 3/6, A8o is a pretty standard open-raise for me from the CO. I'm not sure it was back when I was playing 2/4, but maybe it should have been. What I'm saying is that the raise doesn't seem that frisky to me. Against these players, it does appear that most likely you'll at least get called, but often you'll be getting called by somewhat worse hands.

Bob T.
06-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Given that he is a 40/25, he could be three betting any pocket pair here, so you might have as many as 6 or even 9 outs, plus your back door draws if you aren't ahead of KJ or something like that. I might just call it down here, unless I improve.