PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out playing SNG's on Stars

Buckster_uk
06-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi there first post love the forum!

Been playing poker for a while now, but am now concentrating on playing SNG's. I am a student and am looking to earn a little money over summer playing the $5 and $10 SNG's.

So far I have cashed in 7 of 11 (I guess this means my ROI is around 68% or something), and have made around $61 profit.

My question is how many should I be playing to make a nice profit each week? I am fairly confident that I can cash in most of the games I play, Stars low limit SNG's seem fairly easy to play.

What kind of ROI should I be looking to aim for and how many SNG's should I attempt to play per day to get maybe $2-300 per week or something like that.

This is at the $11 level.

Cheers.

trdi
06-22-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am fairly confident that I can cash in most of the games I play, Stars low limit SNG's seem fairly easy to play.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif That's called confidence. Eleven sngs are just few hundreds short of the number of games you would need for a BASIC ROI and ITM estimate.

kyro
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Welcome.

A couple of things. Your ROI is much higher than 68% after 11. You're looking at your ITM (In the money). Your ROI is your Profit/Cost.

Secondly, it all depends on what your want as a profit. At the $10 level, you probably could maintain a 30% ROI over a large number of tourneys if you played solid poker. That's about $3/tourney. So if you wanted to make $50/day, you'd need to play 16-17 tourneys a day or so.

Finally, don't get too excited with 7/11 cashes. That's nothing. Play 1100 and see if you're at 700 cashes. You won't be. Understand that these things run in swings, and you could be out of the money in your next 10 very easily. Good luck, and keep posting.

Buckster_uk
06-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Thank you for the response.

Would you suggest to multi table at the $11 level? SNG's at this level on Stars normally last about an hour and 6/7 SNG's per day does not seem to be profitable or potentially profitable.

How many SNG's per day do most good $11 players play? Against how many hours?

Thanks

kyro
06-22-2005, 04:27 PM
I 4-table at Party where the tourneys last on average 50 minutes or so. From my experience, the Stars tourneys last for about 70-75 minutes. I would definitely multitable if you think you are capable of not losing any reads or making dumb decisions.

I consider myself a "good" SNG player. (Notice I didn't say a good poker player. I'll let others elaborate) But I only play about 50/week now. Others can play about 50/day. It all depends on how much time you have on your hands.

Myst
06-22-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Play 1100 and see if you're at 700 cashes. You won't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, I sense a challenge worth taking up!!!