PDA

View Full Version : computer question--speakers sound like crap

brettbrettr
06-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Forgive me if this is the dumbest question of all time, but after having just set up a second monitr on my cpu I"ve noticed that my speakers now sound like garbage. Tinny, thin sound. Could the monitor possible have anything to do with this?

Not sure if this help, but I have a SoundBlaster 24 bit card and Creative Labs speakers (2 plus subwoofer).

lucas9000
06-22-2005, 03:22 PM
wrong forum.

Mars357
06-22-2005, 03:23 PM
This may be the most simplistic answer you get to this question but here it goes...

open up your volume control, and make sure that the volume levels are not set to the maximum volume. I've noticed particularly bad sound (thin and distorted) when the main Volume control AND one or more of the others (Wave, SW Synth, CD Player, etc) are set to maximum volume. If they are, drop them both to the middle somewhere and adjust your volume with the knob on your speakers....

Interestingly enough (or not) I used to distort my little guitar amp by turing both of the volume levels to max and controling the volume with the knob on my guitar...

Worth a try

Mars

Mars357
06-22-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the hell should it go? OOT is described as

"Discussion of topics that don't fit well into the other forums."

which forum does this question fit well into? Maybe you can educate us insted of being a dick?

asofel
06-22-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

which forum does this question fit well into? Maybe you can educate us insted of being a dick?

[/ QUOTE ]

the computer technical help forum should work (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=techhelp)

Mars357
06-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Man I HATE it when I end up being the dick! I even looked at the forum list and didn't see that one.

I humbly apologize for my prickishness.

Mars

Mars357
06-22-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me if this is the dumbest question of all time, but after having just set up a second monitr on my cpu I"ve noticed that my speakers now sound like garbage. Tinny, thin sound. Could the monitor possible have anything to do with this?

Not sure if this help, but I have a SoundBlaster 24 bit card and Creative Labs speakers (2 plus subwoofer).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is in the WRONG FORUM!!

sheesh ya dumb ass!

asofel
06-22-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man I HATE it when I end up being the dick! I even looked at the forum list and didn't see that one.

I humbly apologize for my prickishness.

Mars

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha...well its only existed for a week or so...

lucas9000
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

potd