PDA

View Full Version : 9 -5 suited, Theory in Practice

Mike Gallo
01-24-2003, 12:18 AM
5-10 game at the Taj. The table has a loose aggressive texture. Six limpers to me on the button with 9 5 clubs. I called figuring the blinds would call. Small blind completed his blind and the big blind checked.

Flop 9 9 5 rainbow

Big blind bets, three callers to me and I call.

Turn 9 9 5 3

Big blind bets two callers and I call again

River 9 9 5 3 7 no flush

The big blind bets everyone folded to me, and I raised. The big blind called with K 9 . My hand held up.

MCS
01-24-2003, 03:52 AM
Why didn't you raise the turn?

But yeah, this does pretty much prove 95 is invincible /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Sklansky would be proud.

Dynasty
01-24-2003, 03:54 AM
You should raise either the flop turn to get extra bets out of opponents drawing to straights with 87, 76, or 86 as well as any flush draw picked up on the turn.

The mistake of not raising the turn is especially bad considering that you were last to act.

Mike Gallo
01-24-2003, 04:38 PM
The mistake of not raising the turn is especially bad considering that you were last to act

After the hand was over, I realized I could have won more. If I had early or middle postion then I might smooth call the flop and turn. However since I was last to act, a raise would still attract callers from the people on straight draws. The bb might have even reraised me. I still have a hard time of deciding when to show strength and when to slow it down with the best hand.