PDA

View Full Version : Questions:

10-11-2001, 12:40 PM
1)Are John Feeney and Paul Feeney brothers or otherwise related?

2)Is Rick Nebiolo really always tired?

3)Why does everybody seem to hate Mason Malmuth?

4)Why do people who always post about bankroll requirements and standard deviations usually seem broke?

5)How can there be all these knowledgeable winning players posting on here and the games are still beatable?

6)How much does a poker writer make? If it's not alot, why not just play poker?

7)Why do the math posters always seem so angry?

8}Sredni Vashtar and SPM. Whats going on here?

9)Do any of the posters get paid? Some should.

10)Whatever happened to that guy that challenged Sklansky to a LSAT or other test for 50K?

10-11-2001, 01:07 PM
1) I think not, but I don't know.

2) When he gets to his computer, he might be, but he's one of the nicest guys on the planet, a great poker mind, and a pleasure to know. He has nice hair too. I'm jealous.

3) Don't think it's true, but if it is, it's jealousy.

4) Don't know if it's true, but if it is, I don't know why.

5) How many knowledgable winning posters are there here? Let's say, for the sake of argument there are 100. At the cardroom I played in yesterday, there were 60 poker tables in action, which means 540 players in one club alone. There are still plenty of fish in the sea.

6) I don't know how much poker writers make. Some of them really enjoy writing and I assume the income doesn't have the ups and downs that gambling does.

7) They can't understand why we who don't understand them don't understand them. Understand?

/images/glasses.gif Sredni and SPM are out there, aren't they? I love them both.

9) I don't know. I don't, but I'd be willing to discuss payment arrangements at any time.

10) I don't know.

Glad to have been of help.

10-11-2001, 05:32 PM
1)Are John Feeney and Paul Feeney brothers or otherwise related?

They are estranged brothers who only see each other one day a year (MAR 17) when they bump into each other under a table in a small but busy tavern in Southie.

2)Is Rick Nebiolo really always tired?

Rick keeps his computer too near his bedroom door. When he's exhausted and ready to crash, he passes it as he's stumbling bedward. He says to himself, "Might as well take a sec and see if there are any interesting posts..." Several hours later he's still posting answers to O8 tourney player disputes. Rick needs to sell his computer and start using the one at the public library.

3)Why does everybody seem to hate Mason Malmuth?

He's the duty adult. When the playground starts to errupt into total chaos, it's his job to step in and spoil our fun.

4)Why do people who always post about bankroll requirements and standard deviations usually seem broke?

If you were flush, would you spend your time worrying about standard deviation and bankroll requirements? Think about it.

5)How can there be all these knowledgeable winning players posting on here and the games are still beatable?

They are posting here. If they are posting here, can they be playing? Think about it.

6)How much does a poker writer make? If it's not alot, why not just play poker?

Those who can, do....

7)Why do the math posters always seem so angry?

Math posters, are, by definition, geeks. Geeks don't, by definition, get any. Think about it.

8}Sredni Vashtar and SPM. Whats going on here?

John Bunyon and H. H. Munroe have agreements with their publisher (2 + 2) not to post under their real names.

9)Do any of the posters get paid? Some should.

Some should get paid not to post...

10)Whatever happened to that guy that challenged Sklansky to a LSAT or other test for 50K?

He was given his own forum.

10-11-2001, 07:00 PM
>>4)Why do people who always post about bankroll requirements and standard deviations usually seem broke? <<

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Better than Andy's bifocal post.

10-11-2001, 07:23 PM
laffing my nose off,,,gl

10-11-2001, 07:24 PM
than a piss poor player...gl

10-12-2001, 01:55 AM

10-12-2001, 07:51 AM
Phat Mack,

Two bucks a month might do it.

John

10-12-2001, 08:07 AM
#1. As a pro football player once remarked to Steve Albert: "Are you any relation to your brother Marv?"

#2. Rick Nebiolo has more energy than most human beings, at least more than most human beings I've ever known. I have, though, watched Rick fall asleep in mid-sentence: "Dennis Prager said this idiotic pre-lapsarian impulse has infected normally sane human beings...." Wait a minute; I was saying that. No wonder you fell asleep, Rick.

John