PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PT and Auto Import

GrandmaStabone
06-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Whenever I have PT on Auto Import, it detects a large number of filed and moves very slowly - bogging my computer during gameplay. Before you ask, it is looking in C: > program files > empire poker > handhistory.

It looks like this

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/rb3000/ouuo.jpg

utmt40
06-22-2005, 01:38 PM
I also have the same issue as you.

jwp
06-22-2005, 02:25 PM
I will take a stab, but it is just a semi-educated guess since I'm not in front of my system right now.

You may have the directory for reading the hand histories set too low. I seem to recall that it was necessary to only go to the "Empire" level and that PT new it was "Hand History" from there.

Another possibility is that you don't have the settings correct to move processed files out of the directory to somewhere else. Check out the PT Help for proper configuration -- I found it to be dead-on accurate and helpful.

JWP

jwp
06-22-2005, 02:26 PM
OK, I just took a better 2nd look at your screen shot. You don't have the checkbox for moving processed files after the windopw is closed. Get this going (PT help will explain).

JWP

GrandmaStabone
06-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Solved (http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3518)

Ironman
06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
So, how did you actually delete those old 61 files?

I am having the same problem, discovered the same help section that you did. Now don't know what to do with this info.

I do have the "Move files..." box checked and a file for them to go into, but I don't know how to get rid of the old files.

Dave

utmt40
06-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Anyone know the answer to the above question?

jwp
06-24-2005, 03:50 PM
I have found that if I sometimes shut the auto-import window down and quickly shutdown PT, then it doesn't delete the old files -- almost as if the command was interrupted. Try closing the auto-import window and waiting a bit before closing PT.

Not real hard facts here.

JWP