PDA

View Full Version : Comments on this comp/setup I'm intending to buy?

Bigwig
06-22-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm thinking of an HP. It has the 7200 RPM drive, 3200 something or other, 1 gig of memory, CD/DVD burner (nice), etc. All the stuff I need to ensure no slowdown when I eventually 8 table and surf the web simuletaneously.

A vid card.

Two 19" Insignia CRT monitors (will add a third later) with 1600X1200 pixel thingies.

Cost:

Comp $800
Monitors $130 each
Video card $135
Surge protection/internet security package $125

~$1320

Whaddya think?

Bigwig
06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Anybody?

Does this sound good for the price?

Am I getting ripped off?

Throw me a bone.

krimson
06-22-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm going to assume the "3200 something or other" is referring to the processor (AMD). This will be fast enough.

I think this looks good. I would suggest scrapping the "internet security package", and just downloading freeware programs instead (kerio personal firewall, windows anti-spyware, and maybe someone else can suggest a freeware anti-virus).

Make sure the video card has 2 outputs (usually an svga and dvi).

For the 3rd monitor you will need a 2nd video card (pci).

Bigwig
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to assume the "3200 something or other" is referring to the processor (AMD). This will be fast enough.

I think this looks good. I would suggest scrapping the "internet security package", and just downloading freeware programs instead (kerio personal firewall, windows anti-spyware, and maybe someone else can suggest a freeware anti-virus).

Make sure the video card has 2 outputs (usually an svga and dvi).

For the 3rd monitor you will need a 2nd video card (pci).

[/ QUOTE ]

Adding a second video card is not a problem, correct?

The comp comes with a firewall. So all that other security stuff that guy was feeding me--that's all free? What about Norton anti-virus? Don't I have to buy that?