Luke
06-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Party 30+3 - 4 players left

Hero (UTG): 1550
Button: 2900
SB: 1300
BB: 2250

Blinds are 100/200

The entire table's been playing fairly tightly since we were down to 5 people and I've been doing a bit more than my fair share of stealing.

Also, I have not been looked up on any of my steal attempts.

I'm dealt A7o. Fold or push?

If your answer for A7o is not a close one, let me know some hands that start to make this a close decision.

Thanks,

Luke

HesseJam
06-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Another successful steal here would be nice because you could let the blinds run through you and to tighten up a bit so that they call your next "steal" when you actually have a strong hand. But I think it is rather close and depends on how many times you pushed before.

OTH, you also might want to give SB a chance to screw up against BB so that you get ITM.

I cannot give a more precise answer.

Sabrazack
06-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Im ALL-IN! Im pushing A7 here 4 handed with 8xBB, anyone think thats a leak?

CarlSpackler
06-22-2005, 01:16 PM
I think the key to this hand is the button, as he’s the only player with 2 blocks of chip. You have the sb covered, and can cripple the bb, and since neither of them is terribly short-stacked here when taking the blinds into account, you have to figure they’re only going to call your push with big hands. The button is your biggest problem, as he’s to your left, and he’ll probably have the most liberal calling range. If you don’t push here, you’re going to have to make a move very soon, which will likely be stealing the chip leader’s bb in 2 hands, and this will look suspicious. I think you should push a7o here, because your hand is going to appear strong since you’re making this move utg (as compared to stealing the bb in 2 hands), and like another poster said, if successful, you can afford to fold the next orbit if necessary.

Karak567
06-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Fold here and it really isn't that close IMO.

I ran it through ICM and it agrees, even with opponents set on average.

With your opponents set on loose or maniac, it REALLY isn't close.

I don't like pushing weak aces, especially when you can survive another orbit and wait for a good pushing time on the button or the SB.

Luke
06-22-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ran it through ICM and it agrees, even with opponents set on average.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you hook me up with a link for this webpage/program?

Thanks...

Luke

Luke
06-22-2005, 01:45 PM
I don't know what the ICM program has set for their opponents' hand ranges and what "average" represents, but what do you guys think is an "average" hand range for my opponents in this situation?

I don't have nearly as much SNG experience as most of you guys but I was thinking something along the lines of {AA-77, AKs-ATs, KQs, AKo-AJo}.

You think that's about right?

Luke

Nottom
06-22-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty wreckless in this spot so I push A7 90%+ of the time. I think I'm pushing something like 22+, Ax, KT, K8s, QTs, QJ, J9s, T9s in this spot +/- a few hands.

Luke
06-22-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty wreckless in this spot so I push A7 90%+ of the time. I think I'm pushing something like 22+, Ax, KT, K8s, QTs, QJ, J9s, T9s in this spot +/- a few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit my pushing range in this spot is pretty close to yours, only a smidge more conservative on average.

One question: How much does your range change here if we were not on the bubble? For example, if it was winner take all, are you loosening that range up a notch?

Luke

Nottom
06-22-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One question: How much does your range change here if we were not on the bubble? For example, if it was winner take all, are you loosening that range up a notch?

Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would change it much, but I'd imagine it would be a bit looser if anything.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-22-2005, 04:09 PM
I posted a similar situation today (only difference was that I had A8 and had 14xBB). The consensus was for me to fold. You also indicated that you had been stealing a lot so your opponents want to call you. UTG not the best place to push w/ A7. Fold... probably better to wait and push any 2 from SB since you had been stealing so much... IMO