PDA

View Full Version : Wow...EASIEST SNG'S ON THE PLANET!!!

Degen
06-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Have just spent several days in Vegas and chewing up the easiest SNG's I've ever played, and thought I'd pass along the tip to ya'll.

They have a ton of STT satellites for the various events going on right now. The structure is winner take all with a $130 rake per table. The payout is in $500 'Tournament Entry Chips' with a little bit of cash, though these chips can be used to buy into more STT satellites, sold for cash or used for the main events. It is VERY VERY easy to turn them into cash at face value.

THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY SNG'S!!!

More than half of the STT's I played were down to 6 players by level 3 of the blinds.

Even though it is winner take all it is very easy to negotiate a chop when it is down to 2 or 3 players.

Buy ins are anywhere from $50 to $1000. I personally played a ton of $175 buy-in events and though my sample was small (less than 50 total) I am very confident that I could get to the final 3 in over 40% of these tourneys.

So ya, anybody in vegas that wants a solid +EV game to play...get in there!!!

Also anybody who has done this long-term I'd be very interested in hearing if there are people who do this full time or if my read on these games is accurate...

GtrHtr
06-22-2005, 12:05 PM
I will be out during the ME week. And was planning on trying a few out - 125 and/or 175.

Are you mostly playing at the RIO?

Also, If I won a 125, could I apply that to an entry fee to a 1500 bi event by adding the diff in cash?

I've been waiting for this post. Feel free to PM me if you have any more details.

Thanks,

Gtr

Vetstadium
06-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Only problem with these is rake so high the Taj runs them too sometimes. I agree most think they are at final table of major tourn love to go all in. I won one last year for an entry chip to the US Poker Championships at Taj for the 340 event.

Degen
06-23-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
could I apply that to an entry fee to a 1500 bi event by adding the diff in cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what is so sweet...they just give you $500 'Tournament Chips' that you can do whatever you want with. You can play more STT's, Buy In to any event (add cash if you are short) or sell them at face value.

I planned on playing a couple of $1500 events if i won any satellites, but when I found out that they essentially win CASH, I found it hard to fork over the money for the big tourney and i just kept playing the satellites /images/graemlins/grin.gif

They're SOOOOPER easy, like easier than the party 22's. Sorry If I killed anybodys honey pot but i am back in LA now and thought a few of you might feel like destroying some WSOP LAG fishies.

Edit: o and ya i am talking about the Rio 100%...didn't know there were even STT's elsewhere...and as an aside, the 2-5 NL games seemed pretty great at every place in town BESIDES Rio...Wynn, Bellagio, Palms all nice and juicy....I WANNA GO BACK!

Newt_Buggs
06-24-2005, 01:33 AM
thanks for the info, I'll have to check these out when I stop by vegas this summer. I'll give you an update Degen when I get some of these under my belt.

idrinkcoors
06-24-2005, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the report. I'm going out next week, and was wondering about the structure of these. I heard it's a crapshoot.

CaptSensible
06-24-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: o and ya i am talking about the Rio 100%...didn't know there were even STT's elsewhere...and as an aside, the 2-5 NL games seemed pretty great at every place in town BESIDES Rio...Wynn, Bellagio, Palms all nice and juicy....I WANNA GO BACK!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is The Rio's schedule for these SnGs? Are they frequent?

Degen
06-24-2005, 10:25 AM
they run all day every day so long as their are players

i found the days that had a big NLHE event the next day were busier than days with Omaha or other events.

i'd stroll in at 2am and stuff and have no problems playing past breakfast time. occasionally you'll have to wait 20 minutes for the table to fill but more often when your table breaks there is another one half full waiting.

45suited
06-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm planning on hitting Vegas in October. Does anybody know where there are good SNGs year round? I'm assuming that the ones Degen is talking about only run during the WS?

GtrHtr
06-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks, this sounds like what I was looking for. Could be fishy as hell during the ME. I'll write a report.

Thanks Degen.

Gtr

Degen
06-24-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the ones Degen is talking about only run during the WS?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes