PDA

View Full Version : The Logistics of 8 Tabling - I Need Help

FakeKramer
06-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Hi. I wasn't sure what forum to post this in, so I put it here since this is a pretty busy forum with a few guys who probably 44-table, ala-Zeejustin.

Anywho, I'm going to start a little experiment on Eurobet/MultiPoker that involves playing 8 tables at once. One problem: I have a 15 inch LCD monitor, and that's it. Clearly this will not be large enough to play 8 tables. I have a hard enough time 4-tabling on here.

So this is my question, and its probably a very dumb one, but I just want to be sure before I go out and drop $600 on 2 new LCDs and a video card: I have a laptop, is there anyway I can use my laptop monitor as my second monitor? I have Pokertracker on my desktop, all my serious poker is played from my desktop. I was just wondering if there was any way that you could connect your desktop with your laptop, in a way that lets you basically use your laptop as a 2nd monitor for your desktop.

Sorry if that's an incredibly dumb question. I fear it is. I just wanted to be sure though before I possibly spend more $$$ than I have to.

Thanks - Cory

Profit
06-22-2005, 11:40 AM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=2355284&fp art=&PHPSESSID=

that should help

FakeKramer
06-22-2005, 12:14 PM
That helps a ton. Thank you.

Profit
06-22-2005, 12:29 PM
no problem!

zipppy
06-22-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...before I go out and drop $600 on 2 new LCDs and a video card

[/ QUOTE ]

that'd be a helluva deal...

Nick M
06-22-2005, 01:04 PM
yeah seriously. When I saw that I was like WOW link please.

I think he might thinking that he can buy 2 15s because his 15" laptop works right now for more than 1 table. But the resolution on the laptop is like sickning compared to a crappy 15" monitor that I don't even think they even make anymore.

FakeKramer
06-22-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...before I go out and drop $600 on 2 new LCDs and a video card

[/ QUOTE ]

that'd be a helluva deal...

[/ QUOTE ]fatwallet.com, man. There is frequently a 19" LCD deal for 200-300.

GutPunch
06-22-2005, 06:55 PM
OK, so I have looked at that FAQ, and found it very useful in figuring out that I AM able to hook up 2 monitors as my Video card has a VGA(blue plug) and also a DVI(white plug).

What the guide fails to do though, is actually tell you how to hook up the second monitor, as the plug on the monitor only fits on the BLUE plug, and does NOT fit on the white plug.

I would think that I need some sort of VGA to DVI adapter. Just wondering if that is what I need.

Thanks