PDA

View Full Version : Drunk ruins Canterbury Tuesday...

whiskeytown
06-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Out at Canterbury yesterday during Pocket AA tuesday - we get a guy who sits down in seat 9 (table 10) who is obvious inebriated and he proceeds to slow the game to a crawl -

did he donate chips...a few, but it wasn't worth it when it's 4 minutes a hand.... - he put dealers on tilt, made a threat to a kid when he laughed at him slowing up the game and was rebuked by 5 dealers between 4-8pm for language -

The best is if we had a chop between the small and big blind - he seemed to be incapable of saying chop when he wanted to chop, and he was selective about when he did and didn't - I saw seat 1 throw his cards away twice thinking they were chopping when the guy suddenly came out with calling the SB bet - it was ridiculous - worst seat in the house to play...

finally one dealer told him not to call the guy who ran him down a fucker and the guy was all "well, I'm leaving" - good riddance, I say. He'd have left soon anyways, as I warned the floor they probably shouldn't serve him unless they wanted to be held liable for an accident afterwards...

PROS: - slight donater - (though he got his share of luckbox hits when he raised with A4 into my A10 and flopped trip 4's) - I think he dropped about $150 by the time he left on a 6/12 game...

CONS: - we get in 20 hands per hr, and that's WITH an automatic shuffler - and he makes female dealers uncomfortable -

Do you want him to stay or go?

RB

crunchy1
06-22-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you want him to stay or go?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would guess that this is largely dependent on why you are there.

I'd be there to make money. He sounds like he sucks. I like playing with sucky opponents. I'd want him to stay - providing that he's not driving other sucky opponents away from this particular table.

whiskeytown
06-22-2005, 11:27 AM
now that you mention it, I saw an abnormally high number of seat changes when I was there, but then except for one or two loosies, the general table was pretty tight.

RB

toss
06-22-2005, 11:35 AM
If I'm playing at a B&M I'd want to have fun (and make a few bucks). I don't want a stinkin drunk ruin the atmosphere of the game. Why can't people just be happy drunks instead of angry ones.

ihardlyknowher
06-22-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why can't people just be happy drunks instead of angry ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unhappy childhoods. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mtdoak
06-22-2005, 12:22 PM
If he's slowing the table that much, no amount of donation will really help. My guess is he's intimdating the n00bs, driving away any fish, and killing most of the action. I want him gone.