PDA

View Full Version : Wag the Dog

sfer
06-22-2005, 11:17 AM
I watched it again the other night. I'm not Fish Daddy so no review from me, but I enjoyed it again after not seeing it since it first came out.

Anyway, the point of this is that during a White House Press Conference in the movie, one of the reporters asking questions is identified as "Sklansky." Given that Mamet is a well known poker player and that his movie sets are said to have a game constantly running, I can't help but think this isn't a coincidence.

bisonbison
06-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Without your space helmet, Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult.

Coincidence?

sfer
06-22-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Coincidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

How are your rainbow cigarettes?

IndieMatty
06-22-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Coincidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

How are your rainbow cigarettes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of smoking, I'm contemplating quiting, is this more appropriate for the Dear Bison thread? But it requires both of your input; didn't both you guys "quit" smoking?

How long did that last in Vegas?

<font color="white"> About as long as your anal virginity is my guess. </font>

sfer
06-22-2005, 11:48 AM
I smoked 3 packs in Vegas and haven't had one since walking into McCarren.

xadrez
06-22-2005, 11:49 AM
If you are contemplating quitting, and are doing it for health reasons even though you still "like" smoking then use the patch. Its a miracle. I smoked for 13 years and quit easily with it. Just be prepared to gain 20 pounds.

I still sometimes think to myself that if I get run over by a bus one day, quitting will have been all for nothing...

IndieMatty
06-22-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are contemplating quitting, and are doing it for health reasons even though you still "like" smoking then use the patch. Its a miracle. I smoked for 13 years and quit easily with it. Just be prepared to gain 20 pounds.

I still sometimes think to myself that if I get run over by a bus one day, quitting will have been all for nothing...

[/ QUOTE ]

I love smoking. I would use wellbutrin. Makes you hate food too.

Diplomat
06-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Nothing like a little white text to spice up a post.

-Diplomat

xadrez
06-22-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love smoking

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that I have quit and cant smoke ever again really makes me sad.

IndieMatty
06-22-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love smoking

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that I have quit and cant smoke ever again really makes me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

To never again know the joys of flavor country. Sorry dude. Good for you.

I'm not too bad. I'll smoke lie two or 3 a day. Then like 3 packs on a drunken weekend. But I know I need to stop.

bisonbison
06-22-2005, 02:55 PM
I never quit. I will be quitting this sunday. I won't be letting anyone know how it goes.

IndieMatty
06-22-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never quit. I will be quitting this sunday. I won't be letting anyone know how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck.

xadrez
06-22-2005, 03:05 PM
I might be fooling myself here, but I have been toying with the idea that anytime I go somewhere Ill never likely go again I will smoke.

For example, lets say I decide to take a cruise through Scandinavia or something. I will smoke, then quit when I get back. Since I am already accustomed to not smoking at work, at home, in my "natural environment" I think I could pull it off.

The ETA on the next time I go on an exotic trip is about 1 year from August, at which point Ill have not smoked in 1 1/2 years.

...Sfer's post above about smoking only while in Las Vegas got me thinking.

IndieMatty
06-22-2005, 03:19 PM
1.5 years? By that time I will have invented the odorless ciggarette and a cure for cancer. No worries!

MoreWineII
06-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Is there a patch for marijuana addiction?