PDA

View Full Version : STD testing

bogey
06-22-2005, 10:36 AM
So my new girlfriend made me go get tested. She also wanted me to provide "documentation" that I actually went but thats another story.

Anyways I went to Planned Parenthood and asked them to test me for everything. But they basically said they could only test me for 4 things if I dont have any sores, warts, etc. So they did blood and urine tests for chlymadia, syphilis, gonorrehea, and HIV. So is this true? Why cant they test me for herpes and other stuff?

BTW, I also got tested like a year and a half ago at a different place and they also only tested me for these 4. When people say they got tested for everything is this what they mean?

MrMoo
06-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Did you ask them why they couldn't?

They can test for herpes via the blood test. Not sure why they didn't. Maybe because planned parenthood doesn't pay for that? I just had it done myself through my primary care physician (with good results thank god).

Do you have a primary care physician? If you do, he'll be able to run the test for you. As embarrassing as it may be, you might consider asking your parents to get you tested. I can't imagine a good parent who would turn down their son for something like that.

I would definitely make sure you get tested for herpes. From what I've read, 1 in 5 adults have it. HPV I believe is even more common.

wacki
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
They can test for everything.

HIV, Hepatitus, and syphilis are what the big three life threatening STD's. Pretty much everything else is an inconvenience that you don't want.

bogey
06-22-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you ask them why they couldn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked specifically about HPV, and they said theres no test for males. I didnt ask specifically about herpes but I will when I call for the results.

I dont know why planned parenthood wouldnt test for everything because it wasn't even free. I would have had to pay $65 if my insurance didn't cover it.

This [censored] is so annoying. All these groups constantly spout this get tested crap but then they make it as confusing as possible to actually do it.

bogey
06-22-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just had it done myself through my primary care physician (with good results thank god).

[/ QUOTE ]

What is everything that they tested you for?

bogey
06-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Also, I read that something like 90% of sexually active people contract HPV at some point, and it is sometimes used as a test for females just to determine if they're sexually active. Is this true? If there's no test for males, what are you supposed to do?

lucas9000
06-22-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I read that something like 90% of sexually active people contract HPV at some point, and it is sometimes used as a test for females just to determine if they're sexually active. Is this true? If there's no test for males, what are you supposed to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

cross your fingers or just whack off i think. a doctor told me that condoms don't even protect 100% against hpv, because the pussy juices will often drip past where the condom covers you. scary stuff.

Dex
06-22-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have HPV. I got it from my ex wife (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Number=2604756).

I noticed some small visible warts, so I went to the doctor to find out if that's what it was. They had to do a biopsy of one of the warts and send it off to the lab.

I also was tested for HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis, all of which (thankfully) came back negative.

Also, it is correct that testing for "everything" DOES NOT include testing for HPV. There is, apparently, no test that can be done in males unless there are visible warts.

Females can be tested for HPV by getting a pap smear, but, from what I understand, that only detects the "high risk" types of HPV (potentially cancer causing), not the "low risk" types (wart causing).

Dex
06-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Wow, no replies yet. I figured I'd get at least a few smartass comments. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
06-22-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, no replies yet. I figured I'd get at least a few smartass comments. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, It's been awkwardly silent around me all day since I read this post.

BusterStacks
06-22-2005, 05:34 PM
STDs are a myth created by the CIA to scare people into abstinence. Here's how you test yourself:

1) Examine cock

a) everything fine? you pass
b) see any herpes? you fail

Sponger15SB
06-22-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
STDs are a myth created by the CIA to scare people into abstinence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not entirely sure it was created by the CIA, but there is a definite overstatement in the possibility of getting an STD through unprotected sex.

Voltron87
06-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Sponger youre wrong on this one. Its the same guy who invented crack to cripple the black race in the US.

wacki
06-22-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
STDs are a myth created by the CIA to scare people into abstinence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not entirely sure it was created by the CIA, but there is a definite overstatement in the possibility of getting an STD through unprotected sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, all those stats on the NIH website are lies LIES LIES!!!!

Stuey
06-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Two of my friends have caught something in the past. I think it was chlymadia for both. Anyway they both come out of the doctor's office with horror stories about how they test to see if you have it. I think they made it up, as it sounded medieval. Isn't it just a pee test? These guys described a big q-tip going in places that made me cringe. True or false?

BusterStacks
06-22-2005, 06:53 PM
true. q-tip in your pee hole.

CD56
06-22-2005, 07:00 PM
True and false, depends where you go. There is a urine test, but not all places offer it, if they don't then it's a urethral swab.

ceyoung
06-22-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
true. q-tip in your pee hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

urine works for chlamydia if it's your first piss of the day (at least thats what my doctor told me). but the q-tip test is more accurate, and more uncomfortable.

Michael Davis
06-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Urethral swabs suck bad. No further comment.

-Michael

Vavavoom
06-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Agreed...

My swab was done with what I believe was a Capri-Sun straw !!.....At my clinic...

Pretty Painful....

Answer to OP.....I think what you're looking for is "Well-Man Test".....In the Uk, in private clinics.....U get tested for everything you can possibly ever catch etc....

They take swabs, blood, urine, sweat etc.......Costs about £250....approx....But Peace of mind is assured (well, if u pass all tests).....

Dex
06-23-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Answer to OP.....I think what you're looking for is "Well-Man Test".....In the Uk, in private clinics.....U get tested for everything you can possibly ever catch etc....

They take swabs, blood, urine, sweat etc.......Costs about £250....approx....But Peace of mind is assured (well, if u pass all tests).....

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they claim to test for HPV? If so, how?

B00T
06-24-2005, 03:39 AM
As stated it cannot be detected in males via any normal testing. Also, HPV has no effect healthwise on males. As mentioned above it can cause cancer in women and attaches itself to the cervix.

Women can get it removed by going in and having their cells frozen. It will basically kill it and then literally falls out in some kind of discharge.

90% of all sexually active people have it (I am proud owner).

The real kicker with HPV is, almost everyone has it, but it hardly affects anyone who actually does. Usually the only way it becomes detected and a potential problem is if a woman misses her period.