PDA

View Full Version : Is online poker safe? An extensive poll...

William
06-22-2005, 10:20 AM
RIGHT, most people feel online poker is rigged, unsafe etc...
Nobody (meaning none of the serious posters) wants to talk too much about it as you are immediately attacked by the anti-conspiracy police and look like a fool.

If you believe online poker is safe and you are happy with it, this poll is not for you (also because you have to answer all questions and you will not be able to answer that it's not rigged)

If you have any comments or want to share experiences that are personal, you are welcome, if not, you can safely answer hiding behind your computer, nobody will ever know you were part of this...

rusellmj
06-22-2005, 10:24 AM
This poll is rigged.

ddollevoet
06-22-2005, 10:30 AM
This poll is not for me.

SmileyEH
06-22-2005, 10:31 AM
There needs to be an option for: online poker is not rigged, and if it is who gives a [censored] - I'm still making $100 an hour.

-SmileyEH

pudley4
06-22-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
RIGHT, most people feel online poker is rigged, unsafe etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people also lose money, and would like someone other than themselves to blame for their losses.

This poll is retarded.

smartalecc5
06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There needs to be an option for: online poker is not rigged, and if it is who gives a [censored] - I'm still making $100 an hour.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

William
06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

There is, it's called the "index" and it magically takes you somewhere where nobody cares a (also censored) about your opinion, like me, now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wonderwes
06-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I am curious how the poll results turns out. I think a few questions should have had more choices.

ds914
06-22-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do? That's news to me...

johnnymac
06-22-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as long as they keep blaming their losses on this rather than their poor play, who cares!

Joe

durron597
06-22-2005, 11:12 AM
You left out reverse dominated aces hitting their kicker or a 4 card straight or 4 flush.

Frequitude
06-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Two things, you could add "losing with flopped two-pair" to the list of bad beats. I hear that enough around here.

Also, for "do you think people cheat online", there should also just be a simple "yes" answer.

Nathan183
06-22-2005, 11:27 AM
This is a joke, right?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't personally know anyone who plays online poker who thinks this, at all. If most people felt it was rigged/unsafe, then most people wouldn't play.

William
06-22-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a joke, right?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't personally know anyone who plays online poker who thinks this, at all. If most people felt it was rigged/unsafe, then most people wouldn't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I can only say, to you and all others that think alike, that we don't know the same people...

Anyway, this is not a statement, or anything you have to accept, it's just a poll and it will be interesting (to me and some others, nobody you know) how the ones who care about answering think.

Tomorrow will be another day, cheer up...

Nathan183
06-22-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, this is not a statement, or anything you have to accept, it's just a poll and it will be interesting (to me and some others, nobody you know) how the ones who care about answering think.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, that was a statement. You clearly stated that most people think online poker is rigged. I disagree.

Second, this poll is useless, as you do not allow those who disagree with you to vote. Are you afraid that the results would show that you are in a very small minority?

It's like saying, what is your favourite candy? Don't vote if you don't like Snickers Bars.
a) Snickers Bars

And concluding that since x number of people voted for Snickers bars, 100% of the vote, then Snickers bars must be the most popular candy.

mackthefork
06-22-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm afraid most of the anal-retentive donks on here won't understand the sophisticated Northern European humour at work here. Meh! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

"Who's that walking on my bridge."

Regards Mack

LALDAAS
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
I wont even bother answering half these questions.

If you are worried about it, then dont play.

If you are not willing to loose what you deposit, Then scared money dont bet.

OldLearner
06-22-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In situations where you are all-in and you are the favorite, do you often get the feeling you are going to lose and know how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean...like when there is diamond flush draw on board and your all-in with your straight and your praying that no diamond comes......

Well, I'm not thinking

"I hope this rigged site doesn't pop a diamond on me"

I'm thinking

"I hope that this is not one of the 1/3 or 1/5 times a diamond hits as probability dictates"

This poll is somewhat useful though.

It shows that peoples anxieties and fears (not to mention poor play and not understanding probabilities and large number systems) are BIG contributors to why they may perceive online poker (or ANY game for that matter) to be rigged against them.

I do not know definitively that online is not rigged.

Show me definitive results that it is and I will not dismiss the facts.

William
06-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Trolls, online poker lovers and other idiots, you have a poll all of your own.
Enjoy the view of the loooong NO red line....

Happy now? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HEHE!

Laomedon
06-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Are you a bot?

William
[ QUOTE ]
[It shows that peoples anxieties and fears (not to mention poor play and not understanding probabilities and large number systems) are BIG contributors to why they may perceive online poker (or ANY game for that matter) to be rigged against them.

I do not know definitively that online is not rigged.
/quote]

OMG, one intelligent person.... hurry dude, hide before the hords of ignorants that infest this forum catch you.....

Nathan183
Honestly, why do you play online poker for money if you think it's rigged/unsafe?

And you call us idiots?

hurlyburly
06-22-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Trolls, online poker lovers and other idiots

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you start slinging hash, you are posting in the wrong forum. Post this in B&M or beginner's. Posting this here makes you the troll.

William
06-22-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, why do you play online poker for money if you think it's rigged/unsafe?

And you call us idiots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said I think that it's rigged?
And if I do, WTF do you care if I play? Am I asking for your advice? As far as i know, only your opinion interests me

Do you see now why I call you an idiot?

evil_twin
06-22-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This poll is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrTrik
06-22-2005, 12:17 PM
I have yet to see a poll on any forum that was worth the time it took to read it. I think the admins should remove polls -- they are a waste of time, energy, and server time.

tbach24
06-22-2005, 12:22 PM
One observation: in tourney's and SnG's, the bigger stack wins the PFAI more than he should.

LALDAAS
06-22-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have yet to see a poll on any forum that was worth the time it took to read it. I think the admins should remove polls -- they are a waste of time, energy, and server time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reged: 05/26/05 How tried of polls can you be?

RollaJ
06-22-2005, 02:38 PM
ROFLMAO, I guess you hit a bad run of cards?

OrangeKing
06-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I have a question related to your poll. In the first question, you list a number of poker scenarios, and then you list "other unlikely events." Using the word "other" implies that some of the things you listed are unlikely, when in fact, none are particularly unlikely to happen at all. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Emmitt2222
06-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Oh, now I get it! I should make threads to encourage all of the new posters to stay here also /images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="white">Subliminal message: Everyone here gives out bad advice, online poker is rigged, you should buy 2+2 books anyway, just don't really read them. </font>

William
06-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Obviously not many of you understand the purpose of this poll.
Perhaps if you care spending some time looking at the results, you will learn something. As in most things, there is always some information that is more important than other.

If you prefer flame spitting, you have got the right man, until I get tired I will continue to ridicule you and pointing out how unintelligent most of your comments are. After that you can continue talking nonsense with eachother, as you usually do.

Now, besides some few posters that actually know what goes on in the real world, most of you are just young kids that have probably never been in a live game and believe everything is pink in life. And you are to a certain point right! As long as things go as they are expected, everything is indeed pink.

I know pesonally people that actually own an online poker site (this has nothing to do with the poll, but I will tell you the same, to show you how ignorant you are, you are free not to believe a word of it, as if I care, but the ones that know me a little more, will know that I do not lie about these things)

Now, as I was saying, these people that own an online poker site, are common gangsters, they have practically all done time in prison, participated in bank robberies, done hundreds of scams, etc, etc... nothing you all good people normally know about, but yes, there are some nasty individuals out there, you know, outside of your little room where the computer is and where most of you asocial nerds spend most of your life.

Anyway, it's not like these prowd owners are planning in running away with your money, they just have some special accounts they play with and make some extra cash (yes, as much as it surprises some, it is possible to program the software so certain accounts win more than their share) and as long as they make money and the site is a good business, nothing real bad will happen (other than the extra cash and some promotions going to friends and small things like that) but should things go wrong, paying back what they owe you (or allowing you to cash out if you prefer) is not top of the list in their concerns.

Of course there is going to be a million replies asking for facts, proofs, names etc... and of course people are going to say why make accusations if I can't give more facts. After all, it is not them who will have to explain to the prouds owners why I would say such nasty things about they respected site!

If you want to believe I am a psycho, be my guest (yes, yes, you will be very witty quoting me on this one, many, many times. Congrats, I envy tour intellect)

For what I care...

And I forgot to mention the few sites that have actually been exposed as rigged, stealing etc...
Do a search, its on the past, you know, when most of you were still trying to take a peek under a girls skirt, before the hard reality of life struck you and revealed that your only orgasms, besides the ones generated by hookers would be in front of a monitor...

But again, those are also probably urban legends and we forget easily and it won't happen again, and I am a winning player anyway and please stop telling scary stories and I want my mummy and all that.
Sleep tight... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrTrik
06-22-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reged: 05/26/05 How tried of polls can you be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't suppose you considered the idea that I've been participating in other forums for years?

meow_meow
06-22-2005, 03:28 PM
My first reaction to this poll was the same as most respondants to this thread, namely that the title is entirely misleading - this isn't a poll about whether online poker is safe, it's a poll about what way it might/is rigged - meh!

Anyway, reading through the objections and william's responses, I had the thought that perhaps this poll is actually designed to gather info from the wacky group of 2+2ers who believe in rigging, in an attempt to distill something about the psychology of those who choose to confuse acendotes with data.

In an attempt to discern which of these was the case, I browsed through OP's recent posts. While these dealt mostly with complaining about various things at various sites, there appears to be a steady current of conspiracy-type stuff, which leads me to conclude that this poll is exactly as it originally appears.

Another 5 minutes wasted.
(Unless of course OP cultivates the appearance of believing in rigging, in order to cozy up to aforementioned wacky 2+2ers)

William
06-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Good thinking, do a deeper search, you're almost burning.
But please don't tell the other suckers....

tdp
06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
this poll was created by a complete idiot who doesn't have Poker Tracker,no concept of math and can't possibly have much or any experience playing live.
If I were to take the first section of the poll and substitute "live" for "internet",I could answer yes to every question.Get a grip.

William
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this poll was created by a complete idiot who doesn't have Poker Tracker,no concept of math and can't possibly have much or any experience playing live.
If I were to take the first section of the poll and substitute "live" for "internet",I could answer yes to every question.Get a grip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am almost 50 years old, have played live poker most of my life (made a living from it before most of you were allowed to play in the kitchen with your grandma, have a computer engeneering degree and am a math major)

I hope this answers most of your questions. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Grinder
06-22-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This poll is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

only on Thursdays

Green Eggs and Ham

BradleyT
06-22-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this poll was created by a complete idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have stopped there.

William
06-22-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this poll was created by a complete idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have stopped there.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he could have... but he sucks, so what can you expect... hehe /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave H.
06-22-2005, 05:09 PM
If you count up all the poll responders and divide that number by the sum of (the number of losing players who responded + those who responded on "bad beat" days), I would bet that the answer would be very close to "1".

The only time it's rigged for me is when:

1. My Queens over Kings are beaten by Kings over Queens

2. My flush is beaten by a straight flush

3. My full house is beaten by quads

Note that in each of the cases above, if I held the winning hand rather than my opponent, then the site is obviously NOT rigged.

blatz
06-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I used to wonder why Party is rigged in my favor, and why the more I studied poker, the more they decided to rig it for me.

After much thought, I decided I must have done a favor for the owner of Party Poker when she was a down on her luck streetwalker. Maybe I treated her to a cup of coffee and a danish or something at an all night diner on a rainy night, and told her to keep her head up, things will get better. She must have thanked me, and told me she'd do me right one day, when she turned her life around. I said (probably) forget that...gimme a hummer in the bathroom, and figured we were even. Maybe she never forgot my kindness and drove herself to succeed solely to repay me for my big heartedness.

I don't care really care anymore, as long as they keep rigging it in direct proportion to how much I learn, I will just accept that certain people deserve rigged online poker.

soah
06-22-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This poll is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing all
06-22-2005, 07:06 PM
I vote for eastern rabbit.

horrible poll, worst thread of the year.

Guthrie
06-22-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This poll is not for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
But I answered them all anyway.