PDA

View Full Version : No More Low Content Posts

skipperbob
06-22-2005, 09:34 AM
I am frequently maligned (rightfully so) because my posts are off-topic,off-base,off-target and oft-obnoxious; therefore I have decided to be more respectful of my fellow STTF posters...To wit the following technical question:

Why do my "Your-Turn-To-Act" alarm (at Party Skins), the "toast-is-ready" noise and my cellphone "Low Battery" alert all sound the same???? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Shajen
06-22-2005, 09:38 AM
It's a conspiracy of house hold machinery.

I'd suggest you adjust your tinfoil hat. Perhaps you are not wearing it properly?

Here is a pic of the latest and greatest version, double-checked and guaranteed to block all manner of government mind-control rays:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/903959/tinfoil.jpg

I hope this helps you out some.

skipperbob
06-22-2005, 09:40 AM
T.U.:...Ahh, the wisdom of "Pooh-Bahs"...Yugo is one, Yaknow /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
06-22-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
T.U.:...Ahh, the wisdom of "Pooh-Bahs"...Yugo is one, Yaknow /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you can't have fun playing poker, why the hell play? I love these boards, hell OOT is my home, but it should be fun too.

I've finally reached a point in my game where I figure I can add some value to discussions in STT, so here I am.

It's fun. Hope they like the OOT influence. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Keep doing what you're doing Skipper. If they don't like it, to hell with em, I say.

Unarmed
06-22-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Keep doing what you're doing Skipper. If they don't like it, to hell with em, I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

skipperbob
06-22-2005, 09:48 AM
I think we're gonna get along just fine /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

johnnybeef
06-22-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here here! and i'll throw in a 2nd for the PCF....here here!

sorry, can't sleep (and it has nothing to do with my losing streak).

Smockstack
06-22-2005, 10:16 AM
I personally love the SFB posts!

In regards to the "toast is done" noise, why on Earth are you ever hearing Party's "Your turn to act" alarm? Do you have difficulty making decisions? Just poooooosh and be done with it already!

BTW - Possible new Skipper Bob avatar?
http://img35.echo.cx/img35/1205/skipper9hw.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

skipperbob
06-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Great Avatar..I'll speak to my Sponsor...As to why I get a "turn-to-act" alarm; Hey Dude!...First; I'm older than dirt, Second; I 2-table these things, Third; toast ready/turn-2-act is a big decision for me, Last: Being "technically-challenged" causes me big problems when my cellphone has a low battery /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Smockstack
06-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Three great options....

http://img37.echo.cx/img37/4154/phone13nv.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)

http://img41.echo.cx/img41/2663/phone21pv.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)

http://img272.echo.cx/img272/1098/phone34qf.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Bigwig
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am frequently maligned (rightfully so) because my posts are off-topic,off-base,off-target and oft-obnoxious; therefore I have decided to be more respectful of my fellow STTF posters...To wit the following technical question:

Why do my "Your-Turn-To-Act" alarm (at Party Skins), the "toast-is-ready" noise and my cellphone "Low Battery" alert all sound the same???? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not very social on this forum, but that's because of it's nature. I could care less if every post you make is low content and off topic.

I just don't like to see every new guy ripped because he posts something that's been said 1000 times before, or other people get bashed because of no/low content posts when some get a free pass.

Irieguy
06-22-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I could care less if every post you make is low content and off topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The saying is actually, "I couldn't care less." If you could care less, the implication is that you actually care (at least to a marginal degree). If you mean to intimate that you really don't care at all... you would be correct to say that you couldn't care less.

Irieguy

gumpzilla
06-22-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I just don't like to see every new guy ripped because he posts something that's been said 1000 times before, or other people get bashed because of no/low content posts when some get a free pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty accurate statement of my attitude on the subject as well.

Bigwig
06-22-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The saying is actually, "I couldn't care less." If you could care less, the implication is that you actually care (at least to a marginal degree).

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's the case, Captain Context.

45suited
06-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I agree with Bigwig. That's fine if someone wants to make OOT posts, but let's not be so harsh on some newbie who is asking a serious (albeit repetitive) question. I get a good laugh from some of skipperbob's posts and it takes all of 3 seconds for me to gloss over a basic question that I'm not interested in. I think everyone just needs to lighten up a little bit and not get so personal with everything.

Maybe they should start a "Inside Joke OOT Forum" and a "Basic SNG Questions Forum" for beginners. That will make everyone happy. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

benfranklin
06-22-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No More Low Content Posts

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is going to start when? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

gasgod
06-22-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The saying is actually, "I couldn't care less." If you could care less, the implication is that you actually care (at least to a marginal degree). If you mean to intimate that you really don't care at all... you would be correct to say that you couldn't care less.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right if you interpret the phrase literally, but I think the phrase is so widespread that it has become idiomatic. It's not unusual for idioms to mean the opposite of their literal meaning. For example, it's really good to be A "bad" dude.

[/obnoxious pedantry]

GG

SuitedSixes
06-22-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I see a warning on a product, that too me is obvious, like when your chain saw says, "Warning: Juggling this item may cause death or serious injury," I always assume that something happened to necessitate this warning.

In light of Skipperbob's confusion with the noises on his "high-tech" gadgets, I can only assume that he slow played the ringer on his cell phone, pushed snooze when his toast was done, and buttered his pocket aces.

SlackerMcFly
06-22-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In light of Skipperbob's confusion with the noises on his "high-tech" gadgets, I can only assume that he slow played the ringer on his cell phone, pushed snooze when his toast was done, and buttered his pocket aces.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is the funniest thing posted today! Sadly, it's probably true...

stupidsucker
06-22-2005, 05:16 PM
skipper

you disgust me. How dare you be so coy with your smart ass ironic subject title followed by more dribble!

You are teaching everyone bad habits. People arent supposed to relax while they play poker. You are supposed to be rigid and calculating. Your mockery of us all is a testiment of your character.

If you would learn how to multi table correctly you wouldnt even need to worry about the sound it makes when you are a bout to time out.

Set your alarm to the radio, make french toast, stop being so slow, and for gods sake dont ever stop posting the dribble I love so much.

Is dribble one B or 2? Is dribble a word or is it drivle or drivel???

skipperbob
06-22-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, it's probably true.

[/ QUOTE ]
[quote}you disgust me. How dare you be so coy with your smart ass ironic subject title followed by more dribble

[/ QUOTE ]
If you 2 combined your IQ's you still wouldn't have DRIBBLE

But, you could post as "StupidSlackingSucker"
/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

stupidsucker
06-22-2005, 08:25 PM
lol problems with the quote function?

TheNoodleMan
06-22-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">LC-POTY! </font> and its not even close

skipperbob
06-22-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/obnoxious pedantry

[/ QUOTE ]

The really good news about being an obnoxious pederast is that I don't have to stay-up late in order to have bad sex and annoy people at the same time /images/graemlins/confused.gif

skipperbob
06-22-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LC-POTY! and its not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

O.K...U got me; I no idea what you are talking about?

rohjoh
06-22-2005, 09:39 PM
SFB is my hero, when I get old, I want to be SFB!
http://artlung.com/images/20020305-toaster-oven-policy.gif

SlackerMcFly
06-23-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hate saying this, but...... Low Content (SkooperPoop) = Poster Of The Year.

Past your bedtime so you'll never see this anyway.

johnnybeef
06-23-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hate saying this, but...... Low Content (SkooperPoop) = Poster Of The Year.

Past your bedtime so you'll never see this anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

first off, its skipperboob, and second, hell see it in a few minutes when he wakes up to change his diaper.