PDA

View Full Version : Playing Triple Draw for bonuses (OT)

NYCNative
06-22-2005, 08:25 AM
In order to get bonuses that don't come in SNGs, I have been messing around with Stud 8/b, Omaha (both varieties) and now Triple Draw (both A-5 and 2-7). This is fun.

I only know basic stuff yet by playing extremely tight (I only play when I am drawing 3 cards to a 7 or 8) and being aware of position and a few minor things like if I should hold onto my Jack when villain is drawing, yet I just made $70 in a half hour at the 1/2 game at UB.

It seems to me that there are more donks here willing to draw three all the way and since the game seems less forgiving of bad play than HE, solid play result in less bad beats and more profit. I can see learning this game to be very +EV.

Anyone else have experiences that mirror mine?

Phill S
06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
'Other Poker' Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=otherp)

Phill

benza13
06-22-2005, 01:04 PM
NYC,

I used to do the same thing when I played on UB regularly. I figured it was a good way to learn some of the other games and clear those damn bonus dollars. Plus it keeps Hold 'Em a fresh game, so you don't get bored. The fact that UB has all the other games is great. Now if they would just add Razz, I'd love to play it, but I don't like Full Tilt at all.

jeffraider
06-22-2005, 01:08 PM
My killer bonus game is .50/1 O8/B. Nearly ever pot is raked, and I find that there's not very much variance, so normally I earn about 2BB/100 consistently (even over the short 700hands or whatever) playing it working off bonuses.