PDA

View Full Version : TT in SB, aggression from BB

morberg
06-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Is it too aggressive to raise with TT in SB here? I won't force anybody out, but I figure that I might very well have the best hand.

Flop: (13 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

My TT is an overpair so I bet out. BB raises, which could mean he's trying for a free card (unlikely with two people after him), he's trying to protect a weak hand (unlikely since he raised PF) or that he has a good hand (my guess). Flushdraw on board, but at least I have a diamond (does that matter?).

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

I slow down, not so much because of the potential flush as to BB's aggression. If BB has a higher PP he may or may not have a diamond in which case I might river a flush. There's still the possibility that I am ahead.

River: (13.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks.

I check, but plan to call a bet on the river.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

crunchy1
06-22-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My TT is an overpair so I bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leading is good. Another reason to be leading into the PF 3-bettor is that you hope he'll raise again and force out overcard hands and gutshots who would've called for one bet - but will not call for two.

The rest of your plan looks good. I can't see where I'd do anything different. NH!

morberg
06-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the comments. Should I be worried about the flush draw? And does it matter that one of my tens is a diamond?

crunchy1
06-22-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the comments. Should I be worried about the flush draw? And does it matter that one of my tens is a diamond?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to worry about the flush draw. If the 4th diamond comes I'm not expecting Ten-high to be good.

fooz
06-22-2005, 01:03 PM
You should never "worry" (in limit at least)...way too weak. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Also, strive for reads. A read on the BB, even just a little passive or a little aggressive, would make it easy to clarify his hand.

It does help that you have a diamond because that's one less for people to draw too...or one less of a chance they have the draw.

The Turn check is good. BB will probably lead out and a made flush might raise.

The River I definitely lead out again: you can fold to a raise, you avoid it getting checked around, and an overpair would probably bet anyway but is not likely to raise your betting out.

imported_leader
06-22-2005, 01:43 PM
I can't see anything wrong with the hand. PF raise is standard.

LImitPlayer
06-22-2005, 01:51 PM
I'd probably play the turn a bit differently. I'd lead the turn.

mscags
06-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I play it the same although I do like the betting into the river and folding for a reraise.

Grease
06-22-2005, 01:57 PM
In a pot this big, I would be very hesitant to fold for one bet, which is why I really like the c/c line taken by the hero. You could set yourself up to be bluff raised (or raised by a higher overpair, totally in the realm of possibility) by doing this, and I really want to table my hand here.

morberg
06-22-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably play the turn a bit differently. I'd lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you fold to a raise?

Fat Nicky
06-22-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The River I definitely lead out again: you can fold to a raise, you avoid it getting checked around, and an overpair would probably bet anyway but is not likely to raise your betting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting out is attractive, and folding to a raise is probably the correct play, however, I think it is in hero's best interest to get this to showdown for 1 bet which outweighs the chance of this river getting checked through w/hero holding the best hand, IMO.