PDA

View Full Version : is this okay?

Zygote
06-22-2005, 03:07 AM
SB seemed pretty solid so far and had just shown down two winning hands against me. One of which he made a bet out of nowhere, similar to this one, and it was far from a bluff.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

mperich
06-22-2005, 03:09 AM
Looks fine, if you say he is not a complete donk. He IS betting into a pfr and 3better on the turn, give him some credit usually =P

-Mike

sthief09
06-22-2005, 03:10 AM
a decent player doesn't make that bet without at least a Q

Zygote
06-22-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he realized that i was an observant player and used that image to his advantage, because he was bluffing with KJo. Perhpas my read was wrong; i just really hate folding the best hand.

etizzle
06-22-2005, 03:18 AM
well one thing is for sure its raise or fold, calling is the worst IMO.

I think you made the right play, KJo or not. This guy must've not been to bright, as surely his bet was called down by MP3's AK.

mperich
06-22-2005, 03:21 AM
Don't be results oriented here. What if the player behind you had raised etc. Your just in a bad spot here with a weak hand, sure once in a blue moon you get shown random garbage, but it doesnt make calling down +ev

-Mike

sthief09
06-22-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he realized that i was an observant player and used that image to his advantage, because he was bluffing with KJo. Perhpas my read was wrong; i just really hate folding the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

tight aggressive doesn't mean [censored] when you make random bluffs against two people that have shown a good amount of strength

Zygote
06-22-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't be results oriented here. What if the player behind you had raised etc. Your just in a bad spot here with a weak hand, sure once in a blue moon you get shown random garbage, but it doesnt make calling down +ev

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just revealing his hand for the interest of the thread. I do get mad when i fold the best hand, however, i never let that emotion impact my play. I still agree that the fold was correct FWIW.

helpmeout
06-22-2005, 04:39 AM
Weak as hell

checkraise the flop and go from there

mperich
06-22-2005, 04:42 AM
I think leading the flop is better than checkraising it. Why catch the guy in between? I think this is a much better line than check calling tho.

-Mike

helpmeout
06-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Umm why not you have TT 3way with only 1 overcard on the board.

Id expect to be ahead most times here both players may also share some of their outs.

You may also be ahead of a smaller PP.

Collecting 2 bets is better than 1, you also dont give away a potential freecard when you inevitably get raised on the flop.

ALL1N
06-22-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think leading the flop is better than checkraising it. Why catch the guy in between?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get much better information with the 3rd guy in.

wackjob
06-22-2005, 05:53 AM
I'm capping preflop and leading the flop. If I'm raised on the flop I'll re evaluate.

Of course, this is just a 9-handed post that ended up with only 3 players.. and I don't play anything but SH.

Zygote
06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weak as hell

checkraise the flop and go from there

[/ QUOTE ]

the more i think about it, the more i think you are right. Your plan is definitely more optimal, thank you.

sthief09
06-22-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Umm why not you have TT 3way with only 1 overcard on the board

[/ QUOTE ]

k but your UTG raise was 3-bet by a middle position player. I 3-bet AA-99, AK, AQ there. it's unlikely that a typical player raises there mroe than me. against this range, you have 2 outs against all but AK, which has 6 outs against you, and 99, which only has 2 outs. it's not such a great situation to be in.

this is a unique case though where it doesn't matter about the other guy. IF we're ahead, we're usually against AK and the third guy can't possibly be making a good call if behind and we're against AK. I dont' know that most people 3-bet 99 there so I don't think even AJ should be calling one bet.

[ QUOTE ]
You may also be ahead of a smaller PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is possible because he's unknown (if I remember correctly) and could be a maniac for all we know.

[ QUOTE ]

Collecting 2 bets is better than 1, you also dont give away a potential freecard when you inevitably get raised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where I don't agree. first of all, you're behind his range. second of all, if you cehck raise, he will call down JJ or 99, whichyeah, sometimes you collect an extra bet from, but you're getting 3 bet by all the hands that beat you, and possibly even AK for a free card.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is obviously a concern, but who's to say he won't 3-bet a checkraise with AK for a free card?

sthief09
06-22-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think leading the flop is better than checkraising it. Why catch the guy in between?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get much better information with the 3rd guy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that is an interesting point

MAxx
06-22-2005, 01:57 PM
i'd lead the flop too. c/r would also be my 2nd choice.