PDA

View Full Version : How to lose to a disconnected player

zac777
06-22-2005, 02:51 AM
100+9 bubble time, 2 big stacks > 4000 chips. Big stacks are not great players, a little looser than average. I'm just over 1000 chips, blinds are 100/200.

The 4th player is obviously disconnected and down to 85 chips, so I start folding. He keeps catching just enough cards to survive his blinds, while I bleed slowly (ok, quickly).

Before long I am down to 550 chips on the button with the blinds at 150/300. The short stack is UTG with 250 chips. The following two hands happen back-to-back:

1) I am dealt AKo and fold
2) I am dealt A9o and push

I think both moves were correct. Any thoughts?

Myst
06-22-2005, 03:21 AM
I would have folded both, because you have little folding equity with the other two big stacks, and yet still have enough for UTG to survive two more allins.

The way yoru chip stack is, you are playing for 3rd, and thats it.

Mr_J
06-22-2005, 03:28 AM
Why fold A9??

Shortstack is BB and is all-in. Better chance of knocking him out the more people involved in the pot.

Myst
06-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Woops didnt realize that disconnected player was on the blind for the A9 hand. I think I would call to entice the other players to call as well. Force them to put the last of my chips in the pot.

flyingmoose
06-22-2005, 05:25 AM
I think both moves were pretty clearly correct, as was your overall strategy. I guess the dude who left had his luckbox fill in for him.

psyduck
06-22-2005, 05:36 AM
There was a 30+3 I was playing where there were 2 1.5K stacks (one of them was me), a big stack with 5.5K or so, and a shortie with like T300. No idea how I lost that one, but the piece of shite shortie kept going all in and flopping pair/two pair whatever and doubling up till it was time I had to do the same or risk blinding myself out. So yeah, what a horrible experience.

NYCNative
06-22-2005, 07:00 AM
This post reminds me of a game I just played where I was the disconnected player. My internet vanished and I had to reboot. This happened right when I was on the bubble and in fact had a shorty all-in. I don't know what happened in that showdown or to the third player left but when I got back there were only two of us and I was down about 12.5k to 2.5k in chips. I managed to double up and win the damn thing. Who says bubble play needs to be well thought out? /images/graemlins/smile.gif