PDA

View Full Version : Turn Decision

Catt
06-22-2005, 02:49 AM
Interested in your thoughts on the turn. Of course feel free to comment on any other aspect of the hand. If you continue past the turn, would appreciate your intended actions on different river cards.

I've only played with Villain for a few orbits and have no reads on post-flop play, and very limited reads on statistical play. I don't recall how many hands I had on him (less than 50) but he seemed slightly loose / slightly passive pre-flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#0000FF">Hero . . . </font>

sthief09
06-22-2005, 02:54 AM
you're getting 7-1. you need about 6 outs. you have 4 Q's and 2 K's. the J's should be discounted in case he has AJ or JT. the K's should be discounted in case he has KT. you don't have much in the way of implied odds. if he was bluffing it's a straight bluff that he'll likely continue or he has a straight, or you're chopping with KJ or KQ. notice a Q does you no good as he still has aces up. I muck this

etizzle
06-22-2005, 03:30 AM
yep, 6 outs and sometimes you still lose or chop with them.

Pot is not big enough here, I like a fold.

pokahjokah
06-22-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Pot is not big enough here, I like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Catt
06-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the responses. I called the turn; but in reviewing the hand I think a fold is the better play, primarily because: (1) we could hit a J and lose to a full house or (unlikely) chop; and (2) even if we hit a J and are good, or hit a K, we're unlikely to make up enough bets on the river to make the turn call profitable after properly discounting the J outs.