PDA

View Full Version : first 500 11's

DMACM
06-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Here are my stats from the first 500 11's. Nothing too impressive but I think I have improved a lot since my first 250 or so I was under break even. My main question is what other people have acheived at 11s in terms of ROI. I know there are plenty of spots where I can improve my game and I read one post that said as high as 40%ROI was possible at the 11s. Thanks for looking /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

PARTY 10 dollar 10 person NL
none 317
3rd 71
2nd 53
1st 59

cost of total buy ins 5500
profit 460
ROI 8.3%?

45suited
06-22-2005, 03:00 AM
Hey, anything in the positives is good, especially for your first 500. My guess is that you will be far higher than this in your next 500.

My ROI in the 11s just reached 37% over more than 1200 games. A while back, I wrote that I felt like I was killing the 11s and equated a 40% ROI with running a 3 minute mile.

However, Lorinda corrected me and told me that this is possible and that people have done it.

If I stayed in the 11s long enough, I'm beginning to think that I could reach 40%, but at a certain point you just move up to the 22s and beyond.

Congratulations on having a positive ROI for your first 500. No matter what anybody says, at least your making money while you're learning...

BTW, you gotta get that ITM into at least the 40% range. What is the rest of your finish distribution?

DMACM
06-22-2005, 03:17 AM
Hey, thanks. I was pretty happy with the results for my first 500. My ITM has been pretty low. I think I am a bit too aggressive on the bubble lately and for my first 200 games or so I was sorta clueless I suppose. I don't have the rest of my finish distribution because I just use notepad and dont save the hand histories to PT because it seems like a pain in the ass. I am pretty confident I am not busting out early or anything. I have played NL ring games for about a year and do well in those and I play very tight early on. I probably do have a lot of 4th and 5ths though so I guess maybe I shouldve been keeping track /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

45suited
06-22-2005, 03:24 AM
I don't use PT either. I just keep track the old fashioned way. I also take notes after games on key hands. (I did this much more so before I started multi-tabling.)

What I was getting at wasn't so much that you had too many 4ths or 5ths. I was concerned that you might have had too many 9ths and 10ths.

I noticed that you made another post about multi-tabling. I haven't read it yet, but IMO, I wouldn't multi-table until you get your numbers up. Were your first 500 done multi-tabling? If not, you can expect your numbers to possibly drop a little once you add tables.

I look at my time in the 11s as poker "school". My goal is to learn and improve - making money is a very nice bonus. But I think that some people are much too quick to either move up or multi-table before they're ready. All you have to do is read the variance horror stories and you'll see what I'm talking about. Just my two cents.

flyingmoose
06-22-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My ROI in the 11s just reached 37% over more than 1200 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in god's name did you stay at the 11s for 1200 games when you were beating them for 37%? Are you the most cashout happy person in the world?

Bluff Daddy
06-22-2005, 04:39 AM
right now im 37 tabling the 5+1's for 103% over my last 7845!

wulfheir
06-22-2005, 09:01 AM
My 11s are in the negative, and have busted my deposit a few times. Gratz. I'm saving money from my job to try again.

45suited
06-22-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why in god's name did you stay at the 11s for 1200 games when you were beating them for 37%? Are you the most cashout happy person in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't 1200 games all single tabling! But the reason that I still am doing 11s and 22s is for two reasons:

1) I'm in this for the long haul and still trying to learn.

2) I've read enough posts from good players who thought that they were ready to move up and blew their bankrolls. I'd rather play it a little safer and multi-table the 11s and throw in some 22s. Soon I will start multi-tabling the 22s. Once I've played 1000 games at the 22s with an ROI that I'm happy with, I'll multi-table the 22s and throw in some 33s. I will take this approach the whole way up to wherever it takes me. If someday I can beat the higher games, great. If not, I'm not going to beat my head against the wall and blow my whole B/R like some players do. I'll see where this thing takes me.

Cashing out isn't the worst thing in the world. Look at all the posts from good players who got on a good run, jumped to the 55s, and busted. I'm not so full of myself to think that I don't have alot to learn. When I do move up, I know I'll be ready.

And I still think that if the OP is only beating the 11s at an 8% rate single tabling, he should continue to single table until he dramatically improves his ROI. It's great that he is positive after his first 500, but if he starts multi-tabling (4 or 6 tables like he was talking about in another post) that would be a mistake. He should be patient, improve, and then throw in more tables.

DMACM
06-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Ya I multitabled the whole time. I get bored as hell if I don't and I do well in the ring games doing 4-8 of them. I was doing 4-8 SNGs but since I went to high resolution no overlap I am just doing 4. If I started losing money I'd probably just stop playing sit and goes and go back to ring games.