PDA

View Full Version : Some 7432 hands TD

dibbs
06-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Two 7432x hands from today…..

With so many people in here I felt that someone had to have improved to a 1 card draw, not as smooth but close to me perhaps. Still bet to drive people out after the first draw? How’s the third round look? Get more aggro or go into check call?

A: -- -- -- -- --
b: -- -- -- -- --
Hero: 7s 4h 3c 9c 2s
c: -- -- -- -- --
d: -- -- -- -- --

First Round:

A calls. b folds. Hero raises
to $.50. b calls. c calls.
d calls. A calls.

c takes 2 cards. d takes 2 cards.
A takes 2 cards. Hero takes 1 card.
b takes 2 cards.

Hero: 7s 4h 3c 2s Qd

Second Round:

c checks. d checks. A checks.
Hero bets $.25. b calls. c
calls. d calls. A calls.

c takes 1 card. d takes 2 cards.
A takes 2 cards. Hero takes 1 card.
b takes 2 cards.

Hero: 7s 4h 3c 2s Tc

Third Round:

c checks. d checks. A checks.
Hero checks. b bets $.50. c
calls. d folds. A calls. aes
rizzle calls.

c takes 1 card. A takes 1 card. aes
rizzle takes 1 card. b takes 1 card.

Hero: 7s 4h 3c 2s Ts

Final Round:

c checks. A checks. Hero
checks. b checks.

Showdown:

c shows Ks 5s 4s 3d 2c.
c has K 5 4 3 2.
A shows 9h 7h 6h 5d 3h.
A has 9 7 6 5 3.
Hero mucks cards.
(Hero has Ts 7s 4h 3c 2s.)
b mucks cards.
(b has 8c 8s 6s 4d 2d.)

B is a big donk C is kind of weak tight passive weird. It felt like C had a decent to rough draw that I may not be that far ahead of, but I really want B out, but in retrospect I doubt he’d fold no matter what, pushing too hard or have to try anyways? I feel my bet before the final draw was kind of stupid, I just wanted to tax B so bad I guess.

Hero: 4c 3s 7s Jc 2s

First Round:

c calls. d. A folds.
b calls. Hero raises to $.50. c
calls. b calls.

b takes 3 cards. Hero takes 1 card.
c takes 1 card.

Hero: 4c 3s 7s 2s Jd

Second Round:

b checks. Hero bets $.25. c
calls. b calls.

b takes 3 cards. Hero takes 1 card.
c takes 1 card.

Hero: 4c 3s 7s 2s 7c

Third Round:

b checks. Hero bets $.50. c
calls. b calls.

b takes 2 cards. Hero takes 1 card.
c takes 1 card.

Hero: 4c 3s 2s 7c 4d

Final Round:

b bets $.50. Hero folds. c
calls.

Showdown:

b shows 8d 5c 4s 3c 2c.
b has 8 5 4 3 2.
c mucks cards.
(c has 9c 7d 6s 3d 2h.)

MarkGritter
06-22-2005, 03:00 AM
First hand:

b raises from the dead to call you after folding! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

With so many people in here I felt that someone had to have improved to a 1 card draw, not as smooth but close to me perhaps. Still bet to drive people out after the first draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are still a big favorite over the field here. It would be tragic to have this checked around; even if they don't fold it is a solid value bet for you. You have way more than 20% of the equity here and should be trying to get in as many bets as possible--- like a strong flush draw in Hold'em.

With three people drawing two, I think you should bet the second round as well.

A 6 or 5 will most likely win for you. Your outs to an 8 are more suspect. But if we estimate it as 10 outs out of the 45 cards remaning, that's a 22% equity in a field of five players. You should bet to protect this equity, and for value, since C (who also drew one) did not.

Don't treat this like a heads-up situation, in which you would be happy to check behind C (although not always.)

There are 10 SB in the pot after the first round, 15 SB (7.5 BB) after the second round. You have enough equity to cold-call a bet and raise here (bet 8.5, raise 10.5, you would get 10.5:2 odds) so you don't fear putting in two big bets because you got raised.

Third round, I would check/call with this many players still in, one of them is likely to have hit a 9 or better.

MarkGritter
06-22-2005, 03:20 AM
Second hand:

I would probably play this the same way, although C has position on you, which is somewhat worrisome. I'd definitely bet after the first draw and hope C raises. C probably cost himself the pot by not raising here--- assuming B could be convinced to fold at all.

(If B's not going to fold, but C is aggressive, I might try a check-raise instead. If C's passive you've just got to bet this.)

I'm not sure whether a bet after the second draw is called for or not. If the seats were reversed you'd certainly bet to stop C from trying anything cute with a T or J; you want him to keep drawing.

pokenum says you have a huge advantage going into the last draw vs. 432 and 7632 (0.161-0.349-0.490) and against 832 + 7632 (0.132-0.383-0.485) so in this case you did the correct thing. I fiddled a bit and couldn't find a case where C is still drawing and you have less than 33% equity, so every bet that goes in makes you money.

But if C has made a 76432 you're obviously in trouble and have only 15% equity. You have around 26% equity against an 87632. If C is passive enough he won't raise you... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Probably the best thing in this hand is to check before the third draw and let C do the dirty work; it is too expensive to make a mistake here. But it pains me to say that.

MarkGritter
06-22-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Third round, I would check/call with this many players still in, one of them is likely to have hit a 9 or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misspoke, I meant after the third draw. (Too late to edit, doh!) It should be clear that I am in favor of betting this third round.

timprov
06-22-2005, 04:13 AM
1. With the field that big, you can bet 7432 for value even if someone else has caught you. Third round is fine.

2. I really want to whipsaw B early here, and with any luck C will be hoping the same thing. Good spot for a check-raise on the second round, and maybe the third as well.

dibbs
06-22-2005, 05:29 AM
Sounds good, thanks a lot guys.