PDA

View Full Version : Going to Yankee Stadium for the first time?

Momo
06-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Well I'm heading to NY for vacation this week and have tickets to the July 4th game vs the O's. Being that im not a Yankee fan, I'm going just because of the "experience"(I have a personal goal of visiting all Major League ball parks). Is there anything that is a "must see" there? I know theres some statues and a wall with like plaqs, but nothign else. Any 2+2ers going to be there? Of course I will be wearing my Padres gear cause I can't go to a stadium without it.

IndieMatty
06-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Going to Stans before the game is a good time. Pretty fun bar.

PoBoy321
06-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Also, if you plan on getting drunk, either get a little wet before the game or bring plenty of cash. $7.50 beers will kill you.

Momo
06-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Is Stans a bar inside the stadium or outside? Also this may sound stupid, but where in NY is the stadium in relation to time square?

Big Limpin'
06-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Bronx

PoBoy321
06-22-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Stans a bar inside the stadium or outside? Also this may sound stupid, but where in NY is the stadium in relation to time square?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stans is a bar outside the stadium. I think it's on 161st, but someone else can correct me.

Also, don't worry about sounding stupid. There are no stupid people, only people who get lost and end up in Queens. Yankees Stadium is in a very different part of town than Times Square. It's about a half hour subway ride north, in the Bronx. This should help. (http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/ballpark/directions_parking.jsp) Where are you thinking of staying when you come to the city?

Momo
06-22-2005, 01:38 AM
I'm going to be staying at the Westin in Time Square. Thanks for the help. Anything besides the normal things in NY to go see, that I should be doing? I will be with my family, but I will get some time to roam the city by myself.

IndieMatty
06-22-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you plan on getting drunk, either get a little wet before the game or bring plenty of cash. $7.50 beers will kill you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, I'm no snob, but I aint smoking dust before a game.

pryor15
06-22-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course I will be wearing my Padres gear cause I can't go to a stadium without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me you'll be wearing a Dave Roberts jersey

Momo
06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course I will be wearing my Padres gear cause I can't go to a stadium without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a god idea /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I only have a blank, Klesko, and Greene one. Maybe i'll go out and pick one up before i leave for my whole trip.

pryor15
06-22-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a god idea /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I only have a blank, Klesko, and Greene one. Maybe i'll go out and pick one up before i leave for my whole trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll never regret it. unless, of course, you get beat up. still, it may be worth it.

lastsamurai
06-22-2005, 03:56 PM
I suggest you take the subway...you could see all the yankee fans wearing all their gear getting ready for the game! also for all you west coast fans making the trip to the house where ruth built....they dont have beach balls or do the wave!

OH yeah... if you want good soup...55th and broadway is where the soup nazi is...not sure if they are open for the summer.