PDA

View Full Version : A slightly tilting middle pair hand

nolanfan34
06-22-2005, 12:10 AM
$4/$8 at the MGM before I left Vegas on Monday. Great game, with 4 MGM off-duty dealers (ODDs) playing, drinking and gamboooling it up a bit (at 4 in the afternoon). Two to my left is a donk who is playing an insane number of hands, and is catching cards. Despite all of this, I can't hit a thing, and I'm getting pissed off.

So, to the hand. I have 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the SB. UTG/donk limps, one fold, another limp, ODD 1 limps, local "pro" limps, ODD 2 limps, ODD 3 limps, ODD 4 raises on the button. Out of the 4, he's doing the least gambooling and playing the most predictably. I call (how many fold here?), BB folds, all call.

8 to the flop for 15-ish SB's.

Flop is T93r with one /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Checked to the PF raiser who bets. I raise.

Tiltish spewing or standard? I was thinking the former at first, but now I think it's the latter.

MHarris
06-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Seems pretty standard to me.

brettbrettr
06-22-2005, 12:21 AM
I think I'd fold pre-flop, play it the same way post. My pre-flop play might be questionable though.

Brunger
06-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Call pre-flop is standard. Check raising is also a standard good play but in this game and with this board you probably won't get any folds or even incorrect calls so I would strongly consider calling and evaluating the action and the turn card.

VBM
06-22-2005, 12:58 AM
standard. pot's large, try and win it.

overcards betwn you & button may or may not fold, but they're getting a worse proposition by cc'ing. and, if they're at all thinking, they need to consider that button may 3-bet. BUT, no reason yet to believe you're not best. if button's got you beat at the moment, you have outs...

nolanfan34
06-22-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
standard. pot's large, try and win it.

overcards betwn you & button may or may not fold, but they're getting a worse proposition by cc'ing. and, if they're at all thinking, they need to consider that button may 3-bet. BUT, no reason yet to believe you're not best. if button's got you beat at the moment, you have outs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say the button just calls my raise, I'm betting most turn cards, correct?

At the time, my plan was to check-raise and bet any turn, because I think he would fold overcards, even getting outs to call. Now though, I think my assumption that my raise would clear out the field was probably wishful thinking. I dunno.

VBM
06-22-2005, 12:27 PM
well, in the best of worlds, you are HU on the turn, button calls your flop CR and the turn's a low blank or 7 or 9.

but, more likely, i think you need to reevaluate if:
1. (how many) ppl in-between cold-call.
2. painted card on the turn