PDA

View Full Version : Please look at these numbers

Buccaneer
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
I have been on a good beat for the last three days. I played some tourneys for kicks and wanted to see what you think of these numbers. I know that the sample size is insignficant. These numbers were gotten from a few tourneys and are what I played. I do think that the numbers represent my play in general and will assist me with my plans for improvement. Please keep in mind that these stats are from the first 5-6 rounds. Some of the play is while we approach the bubble but I cut out the games at the point that the play seemed to move to post bubble. Also remember I am getting rather playable cards.
I saw 21% of flops and won 22% of those to folds
12% went to the turn and I won 20% of those to folds
8% went to river and won just a few hands to folds
7% went to show down where I won about 80%
I followed Millers advice in his book about wait and pounce.
Worked for me. Do you think that these are the numbers that I should be seeing when successfuly following Millers advice?
I am rather concerned with the high show down win %age.

Nottom
06-21-2005, 11:58 PM
I don't think any of those numbers are important. In the end only 1 number matters.

lastchance
06-22-2005, 12:06 AM
By Miller, you mean SSHE?

I think that's a horrible way to play SNG's. You need to be able to shift gears a lot, from weak-tight L1-L3, pushfest L4-ITM, standard short-handed high-blind game down to end.

Luminous Mist
06-22-2005, 02:05 AM
I looked at 'em.....now what do you want me to do, b/c frankly, I have absolutely no idea how they are useful in any way, /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Luminous

Buccaneer
06-23-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think any of those numbers are important. In the end only 1 number matters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I won 9 of 12 that day. I celebrated the next day by loosing 10 of10.

Buccaneer
06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
I was talking of Getting Started.
He suggest exactly what you state and I tried my best to play like that.
I am most concerned with not loosing very many hands. Am I playing to tight or do I want to win most hands and give up on the weaker hands you might play in a cash game.

cleinen
06-23-2005, 08:46 PM
9 of 12 one day and losing 10 another means nothing. I had a set of 4 today where i got AA on all 4 tables. So i did well. So a run of cards has to do with positive or negative short term stats. Thats why a sample size is so important to be able to tell anything.

Buccaneer
06-23-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't want you to do anything I don't think that you can.

lastchance
06-23-2005, 08:47 PM
It's not about losing hands.

L1-L3: You want to play and win most of your hands, especially all of the hands where you're getting involved in a big pot.

L4-ITM: You want to win all of your hands by stealing and not showing down your cards.

ITM-HU: Standard shorthanded play if low blinds. High blinds is more push-folding, but loosening up call ranges.

sahala
06-24-2005, 05:15 AM
What's this flop thing you're talking about?