PDA

View Full Version : Chipotle is the Starbucks of mexican food.

fluxrad
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
you can have this discussion with a quart of guacamole for $1.75 extra.

kerssens
06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
they give you a quart of guacamole?

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Except it has a legitimate purpose and value. It's not an overpriced something you can make from home with some frilly crap in it.

fluxrad
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
1. Take one of those plastic spoons you might use to stir spaghetti sauce, or a stew.
2. Scoop as much as you can out of a vat of guac.
3. Measure it.

As I understand it, at Chipotle they also offer your guacamole with a side of burrito.

thatpfunk
06-21-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Except it has a legitimate purpose and value. It's not an overpriced something you can make from home with some frilly crap in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? It has more of a "purpose" than Starbucks?

Chipotle is overpriced, a burrito should cost $4 max, and it is easy to make burritos way cheaper/better.

That being said, I like Chipotle and the comparison.

stankybank
06-21-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they give you a quart of guacamole?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah serious, that's a lot of guac. That's like 4 cups, right? man, lots of guac. I love guac though.

I can't wait until I try some of their food.

fluxrad
06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not an overpriced something you can make from home with some frilly crap in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except, that's exactly what it is.

Since you're from around here, however, what do you think of Illegal Pete's?

thatpfunk
06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can't wait until I try some of their food.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be that excited about Chipotle with your location.

Cancuk
06-21-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you can have this discussion with a quart of guacamole for $1.75 extra.

[/ QUOTE ]

buts it sooo good.

lucas9000
06-22-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not an overpriced something you can make from home with some frilly crap in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except, that's exactly what it is.

Since you're from around here, however, what do you think of Illegal Pete's?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know you're not referring to me, but i live "around here" too so i'll chime in. illegal pete's is very good, and overall better than chipotle or qdoba, but they each have their strengths. i really like the barbacoa fajita burrito at chipotle, and i love the groudn sirloin burrito with queso sauce at qdoba. that being said, the big fish burrito at illegal pete's is excellent. chipotle is definitely the weakest of the three.

djoyce003
06-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Chipotle is a knock-off of a burrito place that was in College Station named Freebirds.....there is now one in Houston too, and they are at least 5x as good as chipotle.

I was eating Freebirds 10 years before mission burrito or chipotle ever reared their ugly heads.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-22-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was eating Freebirds 10 years before mission burrito or chipotle ever reared their ugly heads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well [censored]. Let's get snobbish about our fast food!

touchfaith
06-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I live in California. I buy my Mexican food from Mexicans, not corporate mongers.

Subby
06-22-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I live in California. I buy my Mexican food from Mexicans, not corporate mongers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate when people monger corporates.

djoyce003
06-22-2005, 11:04 AM
nah, its just that the fajita beef and stuff is actual real fajita meat that is cooked while you are sitting there, not some baked tasting cardboard meat you get at chipotle or mission burrito...the difference in quality is quite astonishing actually. The best part are the freebirds burrito sizes.

Monster - ~ 1 lb.
Super Monster - ~2.5 lbs
The kitchen sink - ~ 8 lbs. (OYES)

The kitchen sink one can feed you for several days and makes me feel like fat bastard (Baby, it's what's for dinner!)

wbrumfiel
06-22-2005, 11:09 AM
There are burrito places everywhere that were around before Chipotle and claim to be the original. I have a buddy that owned a store that he claims to be the original. Problem is, Qdoba and Chipotle became franchises and make tons of $, mom and pops super-mega-burrito store maybe has 2-3 stores and prob serve better burritos but dont make anywhere near chipotle money.

jakethebake
06-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Taco Cabana > All other Mexican fast food

ethan
06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I live in California. I buy my Mexican food from Mexicans, not corporate mongers

[/ QUOTE ]

Chipotle's pretty good. My only objection to the corporate mongers is that their food is sorta bland. I like the barbacoa, and with enough salsa you end up with a decent burrito. But I don't have much trouble coming up with a half-dozen places near my house with better Mexican food.

chaas4747
06-22-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle is a knock-off of a burrito place that was in College Station named Freebirds.....there is now one in Houston too, and they are at least 5x as good as chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the place that has the motorcycle coming out of the wall right? Is that place close to the Dixie Chicken?

djoyce003
06-22-2005, 12:22 PM
yep, that's it.

texaspimp
06-22-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the place that has the motorcycle coming out of the wall right? Is that place close to the Dixie Chicken?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhh. Dominoes and beer. The Chicken rocks!!! Head next door to Dudley's, couple of shots, and then off to find some coed's and make them proud!!

chaas4747
06-22-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhh. Dominoes and beer. The Chicken rocks!!! Head next door to Dudley's, couple of shots, and then off to find some coed's and make them proud!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dudley's? I thought that place was called the Dry Bean Saloon?

Yes Dominos and beer are great at the Chicken. Went down there a couple times when I lived in Austin. Being in Kansas again sucks.

NoTalent
06-22-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct answer

texaspimp
06-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Dudley's Draw??? Or has the grey matter completely left me after too many at The Chicken. The alley in between with nothing but beer caps.

chaas4747
06-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Name might have changed, It the place with the headwind! Sorry for the thread jack.