PDA

View Full Version : Three Suited Babies

mscags
06-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Anyone finding a fold in here. I really felt like I either should have taken a free card on sixth or jumped ship to a bet.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (4.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

5th Street - (4.35 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (7.35 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

River - (10.35 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

Total pot: (12.35 BB)

bigredlemon
06-21-2005, 10:55 PM
I really don't like betting out on fourth. You are sure to get called here, and it's bad if you get raised and end up heads up against the high. Letting others do the better also lets you put in a raise if you catch a suited baby on fifth. I'd like taking a free card on 6th as well since getting raised is a disaster for you. You probably will have to call a bet here but at least you can fold if it gets raised, or see where the bet is coming from.

arcticfox
06-22-2005, 03:49 AM
I don't like betting 5th either, whilst you are representing a draw to the wheel you actually have a pair of 5s and a draw to an 8 high low. Both seats 3 and 5 look like they caught perfect and you are growing a pot which you are going to halve if you are really lucky. I would have checked 5th and folded to a bet.

preiserone
06-22-2005, 05:53 AM
It looks like you are beat both ways, maybe by fifth street, and if you are you are drawing pretty thin. I think a more passive route is the way to go when you haven't improved much by 5th or 6th. Take whatever free cards you can take but i'd think of giving it up if you can't see 6th street free.

BlueBear
06-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Fifth street bet looks bad. You have no real improvement over the fourth and fifth street and against 3 other players, it's time to fold.

hurlyburly
06-22-2005, 11:33 AM
I fold this on 5th, unless these are piss poor players, then I'm slipping into check/call mode.

It looks to me like you are either behind both ways or VERY behind both ways.

Nick_Foxx
06-22-2005, 12:04 PM
i read the other replies and i don't agree that you should not bet fifth street... i would've done the same thing you did up til 6th st, i think at that point i would have stopped representing

i think its way too passive a play to check on 5th with the five-trey-four... the bet on 5th sets up winning the hand on 6th or 7th without showing down... plus you don't really mind showing down anyway, because if people are paying attention, they will notice you were firing without much of a hand, and you will tend to get all the action you want when you actually do make a wheel on the first 5 with five-trey-four up...

anyway, i'm with you, keep firing away

mike

Runner Runner
06-22-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the bet on 5th sets up winning the hand on 6th or 7th without showing down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chances of winning without a showdown here are slim to none. The 3 and 5 seats have caught too good. That's what makes slowing down on 5th the right play. There are better spots for spending your advertising budget.

empyrean
06-22-2005, 12:29 PM
I really like the aggression through fifth street. I don't see how you can check until sixth, but even then it might be tough. You have a bunch of stopper cards for the other two players, and you've been representing a good low. I think the decision should definitely be based on how much the other players have been calling and with what types of hands.

Nick_Foxx
06-22-2005, 03:28 PM
i agree it didn't work out in this situation but i was really referring to setting up the play in case they caught bad and you caught "good" on 6th st... which didn't happen obviously

i just don't feel a super conservative style of play will get you money at 5/10 stud/8... you have to have shown some willingness to fire with marginal edges (or no edge at all) or no one is gonna gamble with you

mike