PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How much would it affect your ROI if you could only SEE one

WarDekar
06-21-2005, 10:20 PM
table at a time?

Say for instance, there is a program that manages all your Party windows, and will only display the window in need of the most urgent decision, and after you made that decision it moved to the next most urgent, etc.

So, you can only see one window at a time, and can not keep up on what all the other players are doing at other tables. How much does this affect your ROI?

Clearly, if you 4-table, it will affect your ROI much more significantly, because normally a 4-tabler will be able to get reads on players if he watches AND plays. Meanwhile, a 12-tabler it might not affect at all, because a 12-tabler doesn't get reads for the most part anyway.

drapes
06-21-2005, 10:43 PM
If you can design something that's smart enough to know which window needs the most attention, you can design a holdem-bot that will crush anyone.

It makes a big difference, is all I know.

It's sort of like the worst idea ever.

microbet
06-21-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that will crush anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...I've heard the suggestion that you really are just Curtains, and this sounds like Curtains.

drapes
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
You live with a guy for a year and half, you pick up a lot.

Like yelling that you're the world champion, and playing wicked tight.

And I taught him how to CLOSE THE GODDAMNED SHOWER CURTAIN FOR CHRISSAKES.

microbet
06-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Alright, with that bad-ass staredown of yours I can't help but believe you.

Benholio
06-22-2005, 12:10 AM
I've thought about this before. It would turn the games into a long series of multiple choice questions. It would reduce your ability to get reads, or maintain any kind of image, but it would also help divorce yourself from the results.

I think I could play 16-20+ games this way. Just like taking a really long test.

AleoMagus
06-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Ummmm... For many of us, this is pretty much what we do everyday.

I play 4 tables on a 1024x768 monitor. This has so much overlap that I cannot possibly follow what is going on on other tables. I'm sure I could do it just as easily as you are suggesting, so long as the tables appeared in slightly different positions so that I could tell them apart if one popped up while I was making a decision on the other.

As far as a program that causes the table to pop forward that needs the most urgent decision, party software takes care of this pretty well already.

And yes, I know, I should buy a 19" and use 1600x1200. I know, I know, I know. The real question for me I suppose, is how much would my ROI increase if I started looking at all 4 at the same time.

Regards
Brad S

WarDekar
06-22-2005, 03:30 AM
While I agree that this is essentially what a lot of us do every day (because I pay absolutely no attention to tables other than the one I'm making a decision on) I think it would make a big difference for some of us.

Also, Party DOES NOT DO THIS WELL AT ALL. Party pulls up the window that has requested an action soonest.... My concept would create a queue of all the tables that are open, and would continuously update it with whichever table HAS TO HAVE A DECISION SOONEST, and it will make you decide on that game first.

Also, it would not allow other windows to pop up infront of it, that's the point. It would ensure that the only window you can make a decision on is the current one, and will not switch to another until you make a decision.

Anyway, I'm not really trying to figure out what other people think/feel on this so much as how much I think it will affect my ROI, and I honestly don't know. Even though I don't *THINK* I pay attention to the other tables, I'm sure I pick up reasonable reads along the way.

WarDekar
06-22-2005, 03:31 AM
That's basically what I was thinking... While it will hurt me sometimes, it will help also, and in the long run while I think it might hurt me more than help, the ROI difference would be low enough that I think I would still make the same $$/hr or very close to it.

WarDekar
06-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Huh? That doesn't even really make sense... The one that needs the most attention is the one that has the deadline soonest... Really not that hard for someone to figure out... Or some-'thing'

treeofwisdom7
06-22-2005, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You live with a guy for a year and half, you pick up a lot.

Like yelling that you're the world champion, and playing wicked tight.

And I taught him how to CLOSE THE GODDAMNED SHOWER CURTAIN FOR CHRISSAKES.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got totally lost here. are you saying you lived with curtains?/ or are you curtains?