PDA

View Full Version : Another AQ

Joshssj4
06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Preflop raiser is a tag.
Should I have raised/folded/called the flop bet?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
~ messed up
Hero bets they both call
Final Pot: 7.50 BB

@bsolute_luck
06-21-2005, 10:08 PM
preflop seems fine. i probably would have folded the flop. TAG UTG: AA-JJ, AK. pot is small, no implied odds, and you may lose even if you spike either pair.

c/r the turn. get BB out of there if possible or pay 2x to stay.

OrianasDaad
06-21-2005, 10:47 PM
UTG raise from a TAG player is a good call pre-flop out of position.

I'd fold the flop.
Check-raise the turn to try to drive out BB.
Check-call river. TAG probably has AQ or AK.

Duerig
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd probably fold preflop against someone really tight. If I didn't fold, I'd 3bet.

Online247
06-21-2005, 11:15 PM
deleted

Augster
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Since there were so many folds pre-flop, I'd 3-bet it.

Flop, Ch/call.

Turn Ch/Raise and see where I'm at.

Being that he only called the turn bet once the A was out, I'd have him on KK.

Mathieu
06-21-2005, 11:26 PM
I read some of the replies and find the range of hands that a TAG can raise with utg to be rather narrow.

I would add TT, ATs, AJs, KQs in the mix.

I would probably fold this flop. Check raise the turn (to get BB out) and bet out the river.

Check-calling the river would be weaker as villain (if he knows you are a TAG) will be more likely to bet hands like AK than AJs on the river. Also, you want to collect bets from BB who could be calling with a 2nd best hand.

Joshssj4
06-21-2005, 11:44 PM
If he reraises the turn can I fold?

Online247
06-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Here's my line. I check/raise and lead the turn. The flop didn't hit any big suited/offsuit broadway cards. villian will most likely 3-bet you with big pocket pairs and 99 and TT after your c/r. Everything else he may just call. Itmay give you a good idea of where you are @ in this hand.

The turn is difficult to play. Do you want to check/call and give a flush draw infinte odds and take the WA/WB line. And possibly entice JJ-KK to bet?

Or you can bet, and find yourself in a tough spot if you get raised. I would want to show this hand down for sure. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit, the c/r can drive away BB if he has some weird gutshot or a smaller pair.

Twitch1977
06-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Re-raising preflop is probably the proper way to go.

I'm folding this flop, you're getting 7:1 (if I remember right) with nothing but overcards which could easily be dominated by the raiser.

I like the way you led the turn, since the A could be a scare card to the raiser you wouldn't want it checked through. IMO a check-raise here isn't a great idea.

T

deception5
06-22-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he reraises the turn can I fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would fold there, fold preflop.

bozlax
06-22-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

gopnik
06-22-2005, 01:11 PM
without a good draw folding a fine here.

bozlax
06-22-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raiser is a tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we all agree this is not a read? "PFR has played tight-aggressive poker, statistically, with PT showing 13.8/11/2.7 over 200 hands," is better. It's still not a read, because it doesn't tell us anything about what he'll do in the various situations that might apply to this hand, but at least it gives us something.

My immediate reaction to this "read" is, "Your sample is too small." I would be willing to wager that you've seen this player for fewer than 50 hands...maybe fewer than 25. Do I win my bet?

Please, please, people, give us reads that apply to the way you played the hand. In this case, saying something like, "I felt that the Villan was tight and aggressive, and that's why I did this," is much more useful than, "Preflop raiser is a tag," or, "Villan is a donk/fish/moran."

Oh, and if PFR is tight, 3-bet preflop. You'll either narrow his holding (if he caps he's got QQ/KK/AA), or you'll make him start worrying about you.

cdxx
06-22-2005, 01:27 PM
i'd probably bet-call the flop, to see where we stand. i was thinking of raising PF, but you said that UTG is tight, so a call is fine, but in general you want to mix it up (don't automatically just call against tight players utg)