PDA

View Full Version : What changed: Me or the Game? *DELETED*

crookdimwit
06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Post deleted by crookdimwit

Jay36489
06-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Here ya go. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=602767&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=7&o=14&fpart=1)

cleinen
06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
all i can say is wow

bluefeet
06-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I've been coaching my brother the past few months -- unfortunately, not paying enough attention early on /images/graemlins/wink.gif

He's a young father of two, without a ton of cash. He only plays a few nights a week, never more than a game or two.

I made him a deal: "Get your play money BR = to 'x', and I'll throw you $100 to play the 5-.50's on stars.

In short order, his hand selection skills alone were enabling him to clean up on the play tables. He sported some rediculously high ITM (+60%), and soon earned his $100.

What followed was kin to watching one of my daughter's phirana go after the poor feeder goldfish....he got slaughtered. He quickly dropped 10 buy-ins. It was quite the eye-opener to say the least.

Reviewing his hand history I found two major leaks -- over valuing his hands post flop & over valuing his hands post flop. Basically his post-flop play sucked. He either didn't bet enough/when he should....or had trouble getting off a less-than-nut hand.

I think this is indicative of hanging out to long on the play tables. Proper PF play & hand selection = big [play] $$ on the tables when folks are seeing flops w/ any 2....calling all-ins 'for kicks', etc.

I got him to read HOH, gave feedback on all his hand history, etc. Soon enough, he was 'winning' again. Helping him understand that he won't win 50% of time was also a psychological hurdle -- it requires a bit of patience to adjust to the fer-realzie games /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Final Thoughs: post hands here on the forum. post complete ttourney HH occasionally. Join in on the discussions, use the search function for common problem hands, etc.

Good luck!