PDA

View Full Version : Some hands from my worst session ever. Advice?

JacksonTens
06-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, just want you to know straight up this is not a bad beat post. More an opportunity to get some advice on some of these hands. Many of these hands involve table reads so please don't hit me with replies involving nothing but odds.

Anyway cut a long story short. My local B&M $4-8 I managed to lose 21BB this session! In a word shithouse. Only won 4 hands for the session and never got more than a pair, but hey thats poker.

HAND 1. Hero in SB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: (6 players) 6SB K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets, fold, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO raises, fold, Hero???

HAND 2. Hero in SB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero raises, all call

Flop (6 players) 12SB T /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 raises, 2 folds, Hero??? [huge read indicates two pair, this guy plays junk, and rarely raises if ever. I know what he has in my head, but I'm not folding yet.]
Hero 3-bets, fold, MP1 calls

Turn (2 players) 19SB Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, MP1 calls
[well now I've got 8 outs to two pair or better, assuming he already has two pair]

River (2 players) 11BB 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero???

Any and all comments welcome, Thankyou in advance. Just so you know I'm heading back there tonight, and I'll be sure to let you all know if I fared better or maybe even worse.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

mantasm
06-21-2005, 09:40 PM
ha ha 21 bb shut up

toss
06-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Wait until you hit a -120BB session. They happen!

shant
06-21-2005, 09:47 PM
21BB is nothing.

Onto the hands, in Hand 1, call. You have a backdoor draw and outs to two-pair as well as possibly being ahead. See the turn and play poker.

Hand 2 is standard. Bet the river.

damaniac
06-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Hand 1: Call the raise, fold UI on the turn I think. I like to check and view the action with these type of hands, often check-raising, sometimes check-calling, sometimes check-folding depending.

Hand 2: How confident are you in your read? If you are very confident, I'd check/call, although these players like to check rivers through a lot, which is very nice. If you are extremely confident you could check/fold, but then I don't understand the turn bet if you were that certain. He's probbaly not raising you unless he improved so betting isn't bad either.

JacksonTens
06-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks. Lets say I didn't have the backdoor draw on hand 1? Do you now think its a fold?

In hand two I did bet the river and got called down by T3o. So I was annoyed I didn't go with my read.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif