PDA

View Full Version : confusing AQo hand

TheMainEvent
06-21-2005, 09:13 PM
SB is somewhat tight and very passive
BB is TAG

I don't think I could have played it too much differently (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm more curious about the hand reading. I had no idea what either of these players could have had post-flop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

I know he might be trapping, but I've got outs either way, right?

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

K/images/graemlins/spade.gifKx?

River: (12 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

benkath1
06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Well after studying this hand for a few minutes, it looks like you may have lost to a str8 flush. I like your read on the BB, I would go as far as AA-JJ with AK and AQs being 3 betting hands. That is one scarry board for the nut flush, but I think you played it well. Nice hand.

Joel_Fish
06-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Okay, I'll ask... would raising the river be a bad idea? I think we are ahead here most of the time. I doubt SB has a full house, as he'd have to be poking along with 77 (otherwise we'd see him act on the turn). If we get beat by a straight flush... well, so be it. But most of the time SB will be on a weak pair with a /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

@bsolute_luck
06-21-2005, 10:17 PM
nevermind my post was dumb /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

caggin
06-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Considering the opponents, I might want to take a free card on the turn.

I don't think BB has the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. A TAG is unlikely to check the flop and check/fold the river with that. I'd guess he's got a big pair, no spades, and waited for a safe card to raise the turn.

I don't 3-bet the river, not given the read that SB is very passive. Maybe he slowplayed a boat, or had pocket tens with the 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif to hit the str8 flush. He may also have KK or AK with the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif, but I dunno if someone very passive would raise with that.

Duerig
06-21-2005, 10:55 PM
I would check the turn and put in a 3 bet on the river.

Mathieu
06-21-2005, 11:03 PM
I would also take the free card on the turn for the same reasons.

I don't raise this river because I don't see a passive player check raising a K high flush often enough in this spot. If he has the boat or the straight flush he will cap it, so since we intend to call a cap we need to be ahead at least 67 % of the time for the re-raise to be correct.

TheMainEvent
06-21-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't 3-bet the river, not given the read that SB is very passive. Maybe he slowplayed a boat, or had pocket tens with the 10 to hit the str8 flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian shows [T/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif] a straight flush, ten high.

Also I definately agree about checking the turn, looking back on it.

Augster
06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
I would have capped it pre, that's just me.

I'd have taken a free card on the turn, because, basically, we still only have a board pair of 9's with ace-high.

I'd make a crying call on the river after the CR from the SB who did nothing the entire hand and hope he just shows down trips 9's.