PDA

View Full Version : Presenting...Poetic Justice Theatre...(no content)

coffeecrazy1
06-21-2005, 08:59 PM
I sit down to play a $10 SNG Headsup match on Stars.

1st hand, I get dealt...something...don't remember what, but not important. But, I call down to the river with nothing, preparing to bet if something hits or bluff if not...small mini-bets the whole way. Scare card puts four to a straight on the board, and I bet out.

Turns out that my opponent is a table captain, who folds, saying, "Lucky."

TC proceeds to berate me constantly over the entire course of the match, calling me lucky and a bad player repeatedly, during which I systematically dismantle his chip stacks and win the match. The entire time, I did nothing but confirm his suspicions that I was, indeed, a lucky player.

Ahh...nothing better than beating a table captain...

Ulysses
06-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Great story and post, really interesting! Thx!

Ulysses
06-21-2005, 09:09 PM
I was thinking about this some more. This is really hilarious. I mean, here is this guy, sitting there calling you "lucky" and "bad player" but little did he know, you were not some random dude, you were a dominating 2+2er!!!! Way to go man, that must have been really sweet dismantling him in such a systematic manner with surgical precision. I bet he still doesn't know what hit him! Sounds like you made some pretty sweet power poker plays on him, too.

JihadOnTheRiver
06-21-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about this some more. This is really hilarious. I mean, here is this guy, sitting there calling you "lucky" and "bad player" but little did he know, you were not some random dude, you were a dominating 2+2er!!!! Way to go man, that must have been really sweet dismantling him in such a systematic manner with surgical precision. I bet he still doesn't know what hit him! Sounds like you made some pretty sweet power poker plays on him, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, with all the help that you provide to the High Stakes forums, you, El Douchebag, are a complete co.ckbag. I find it ironic (do you know what that means?) that your little avatar and the reason for your gay handle, is a [censored] with a mask on. The irony, is that you are a [censored], and you use your computer as a mask so that you can act big and bad. Get it? Pretty ironic, no?

Listen El Dbag, everybody starts somewhere, and not everybody enjoys a meteoric rise to the upper echelon of internet poker. For some, winning 50 bucks on the back of somebody who is berating them constantly makes for a pretty good day. Just cause its one of your blinds doesn't make it any less of a feat for that person.

Re-evaluate your life, grab your mouse with your right hand, and try to touch the inside of your eyeball with it. Get over yourself clown.

-Jihad

PS. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BottlesOf
06-21-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
grab your mouse with your right hand, and try to touch the inside of your eyeball with it

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried this, but I'm not sure I'm understanding your directions properly.

sfer
06-22-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, with all the help that you provide to the High Stakes forums, you, El Douchebag, are a complete co.ckbag. I find it ironic (do you know what that means?) that your little avatar and the reason for your gay handle, is a [censored] with a mask on. The irony, is that you are a [censored], and you use your computer as a mask so that you can act big and bad. Get it? Pretty ironic, no?

Listen El Dbag, everybody starts somewhere, and not everybody enjoys a meteoric rise to the upper echelon of internet poker. For some, winning 50 bucks on the back of somebody who is berating them constantly makes for a pretty good day. Just cause its one of your blinds doesn't make it any less of a feat for that person.

Re-evaluate your life, grab your mouse with your right hand, and try to touch the inside of your eyeball with it. Get over yourself clown.

-Jihad

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I'm clear, was that a Jihad or a hippie decapitation?

drewjustdrew
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Stop hijacking posts! I liked the direction this one was going.

benfranklin
06-22-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!! I was really looking to pick up some pro tips on how to systematically dismantle a chip stack. I had my pad and pencil ready!

I was even hoping that El Diablo and others could share some of their observations on the existential implications of poetic justice in poker, but that really belongs in the new Philosophy forum.

Ulysses
06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Uh, OK.

drewjustdrew
06-22-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!!! I was really looking to pick up some pro tips on how to systematically dismantle a chip stack. I had my pad and pencil ready!

I was even hoping that El Diablo and others could share some of their observations on the existential implications of poetic justice in poker, but that really belongs in the new Philosophy forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just looking forward to El Diablo continuing to rip the OP a new one.

Yeti
06-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Ignore Diablo.

Powah pokah, baby.

daryn
06-22-2005, 02:46 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

-Jihad

[/ QUOTE ]

man.. here you almost had a good post, and you had to go and ruin it with some gay [censored] like that smiley face.

for shame

TheWorstPlayer
06-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Is this news, a view or gossip?

coffeecrazy1
06-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Well...I guess I thought it was a view, but perhaps it was off-topic and I got confused. In retrospect, I probably deserve the flamage, but I meant the post to be rather lighthearted and not serious...but what did you think "no content" meant?

I guess I will think more seriously about what I'm posting before I get on here and offend the delicate sensibilities of the almighty poker players of 2+2.

TheWorstPlayer
06-22-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what did you think "no content" meant?

[/ QUOTE ]
That I could wittily and succinctly flame its contents at will.

coffeecrazy1
06-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Hmm...I never thought of it that way.

Alright...flame away then...I won't say another word. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheWorstPlayer
06-22-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Alright...flame away then...I won't say another word. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Klepton
06-22-2005, 06:20 PM
haven't you noticed that "no content" now means "come see if my litle post is entertaining. if it isn't, please flame me to the full extent."

you f[/i]ag

TheWorstPlayer
06-22-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
haven't you noticed that "no content" now means "come see if my litle post is entertaining. if it isn't, please flame me to the full extent."

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing that by
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he meant that he didn't notice that.

JihadOnTheRiver
06-23-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
man.. here you almost had a good post, and you had to go and ruin it with some gay [censored] like that smiley face.

for shame

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I was taking the irony thing a bit far...

Jerkass333
06-26-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find it ironic (do you know what that means?) that your little avatar and the reason for your gay handle, is a [censored] with a mask on. The irony, is that you are a [censored], and you use your computer as a mask so that you can act big and bad. Get it? Pretty ironic, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is an avatar that (in your opinion) perfectly represents the user ironic in any way? Don't taunt his language skillz unless you can back it up man.