PDA

View Full Version : edge playing NLHE 20+2 1 table sng's on PP?

exist
06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
what should a good player's edge be here. does he win $10 for every tourney, or is it more like $5, or what? i'm a total newbie with no limit tourneys so forgive me if this is a basic question. thx.

exist
06-21-2005, 08:49 PM
one more thing, what is the required bankroll for these games?

iMsoLucky0
06-21-2005, 08:54 PM
SEARCH

flyingmoose
06-21-2005, 08:54 PM
$10 per tourney is totally, completely, entirely not doable. It's so far from doable that even suggesting it makes baby jesus cry.

A very good $22er ccan expect to make about $4 per tourney, a great one may be able to make $5, but I don't know anyone personally who does, because every 22er with that kind of ROI moves to the 33s very quickly. The average for a winning player is probably about $3/tourney.

FYI, people tend to get miffed when you ask questions you could easily find the answer to yourself. I'd advise you to get familiar with the search function before posting any more questions.

The Student
06-21-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$10 per tourney is totally, completely, entirely not doable. It's so far from doable that even suggesting it makes baby jesus cry.

A very good $22er ccan expect to make about $4 per tourney, a great one may be able to make $5, but I don't know anyone personally who does, because every 22er with that kind of ROI moves to the 33s very quickly. The average for a winning player is probably about $3/tourney.

FYI, people tend to get miffed when you ask questions you could easily find the answer to yourself. I'd advise you to get familiar with the search function before posting any more questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very good answer to your question. however, a much better question would be who is that on your avatar, exist?

Myst
06-21-2005, 09:20 PM
I make about $25 per tournament at the $22s.

Its entirely possibly. Just make sure at the end of each one to ask the winner to donate you $25!

mcpherzen
06-21-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a very good answer to your question. however, a much better question would be who is that on your avatar, exist?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go with "Marisa Miller."

Hint: Right-click avatar picture, select properties, look at the address.

exist
06-21-2005, 09:40 PM
thanks for the responses. i didn't use the search function because it sucks and i figured somebody would swoop in with help anyways. and yeah, marisa miller!

Apathy
06-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Damn I thought this thread was going to be about edgerin james or EDGE from the WWE playing STTs,

I hate you.

raptor517
06-22-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The average for a winning player is probably about $3/tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the average for a VERY solid 22er. not an average winner. holla

flyingmoose
06-22-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about average for a 2+2er who plays 20+/day?

Mr_J
06-22-2005, 12:35 AM
"but I don't know anyone personally who does, because every 22er with that kind of ROI moves to the 33s very quickly."

Actually I moved down from the $33s.

flyingmoose
06-22-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"but I don't know anyone personally who does, because every 22er with that kind of ROI moves to the 33s very quickly."

Actually I moved down from the $33s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you move down if you had an ROI better than 20%?

Mr_J
06-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Because I had a shitty run at the $33s and wanted to feel like a god. I don't put in serious hrs and spend most of what I make, just need 1 good week to put me at the 55s but I'm always finding an excuse to take the day off.

raptor517
06-22-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

i will make a bold statement. the average roi of a 2+2 stt poster is.. 3.2%. holla

flyingmoose
06-22-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

i will make a bold statement. the average roi of a 2+2 stt poster is.. 3.2%. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Day-um, homey don't hold back.

The Student
06-22-2005, 02:44 AM
ah - thanks for the tip, zen. i have found my new muse!