PDA

View Full Version : PT has really helped me

Arnfinn Madsen
06-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Based on the logic that if I would fold a hand (like 27o) all the time in full ring limit hold'em it would have a loss of 0,075BB/hand I put the ambitious target for me that no hand should have a worse result than that. After playing 2k hands I therefore sorted my hands and found my worst type of starting hand to be 66-99. Since sample size was way too small I analyzed all hands played with those hands thoroughly, and I found several mistake. I am much more conscious on how I play those now.

After playing additional 3k games, I sorted again and found QJs, Q9s (some failed steals /images/graemlins/blush.gif) and A10s. I went through the hands and found especially that I had misplayed QJs on a few occation.

This has really been an eye-opener for me, so I advice others to do the same.

Blackjack
06-21-2005, 09:23 PM
That's actually a very interesting analysis idea. Thanks

But you know that 2k hands is only like 10 hands a piece of 66-99. Not even close enough to analyze if you are totally screwing up with them or if it was just a one time mistake.

Blackjack

valejo
06-22-2005, 12:07 AM
This sample size is probably not enough hands for a macro analysis, but it is a good little system to find individual errors to review, think about, post to the forum, etc. Great suggestion for a self-improvement project, Blackjack.

cbfair
06-22-2005, 12:38 AM
I like the idea, but I'm not 100% certain I understand it correctly.

Are you suggesting that I evaluate all starting hands which fall below their expected PF EV? Or that I simply sort starting hands by winrate and evaluate from there? I do the later fairly frequently but have never considered the former.

I'm sure it's been posted many times but I wouldn't even know how to begin searching for such a thing, is there a table out there of EV for each starting hand (stated in BB/100)?

edited to add that the chart could be sorted by BB/100 or win % and be useful