PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 Pair on a low board

Grinder
06-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Do you play top two pair strong on a low board such 23Q7K no posible flush draws
You have 43QK in the BB

DyessMan89
06-21-2005, 07:59 PM
How do we play it when? On the river? It depends on how many people are in the hand. But usually; no.

bygmesterf
06-21-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you play top two pair strong on a low board such 23Q7K no posible flush draws
You have 43QK in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop: fold

On the turn: fold

On the river: Crying call/possible raise to try and isolate one low.

Rosie5
06-21-2005, 10:20 PM
heads up pot : bet it and call if your raised. Folding here is criminal heads up. 3 way I check and call, I still bet it if I have position and they both check to me.

Since you got this far and there wasn't insane action when the low card hit you should be able to see this down cheaply-when you check it probably won't go bet reraise /images/graemlins/grin.gif

but if they haven't shown stregnth the entire hand (looking for that low)-I bet regardless

this is awful multiway pot advice, but I think this gets you the maximum bets 2-3 handed. Also I'm assuming your talking about limit

PokrLikeItsProse
06-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Against some of the overly tight players on this board who would never play an A4 hand, I would consider betting the river.

But seriously, against typical players, a set would have probably been obvious from the betting by now, unless someone rivered a set of kings, so your high is probably good. I would consider betting, especially if the turn was checked through. You would especially want to bet if your opponents are the sort who would call on the river with any two pair, even 23. With both a 2 and a 3 on the board there is a great chance that someone caught a a hand like kings and twos or threes and sevens in a passive multiway pot.