PDA

View Full Version : Feed The Rake?

Grinder
06-21-2005, 07:29 PM
You are heads up and you have a House and the board favors a lo nut

You bet the river Villain Raises

Does hero raise again or realize it will be a split pot and save the rake ?

Sorry if the question is to mundane

L0QTiS
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
If up against a relatively tight (low VP$IP) solid player, you can usually back off and just call saving rake, but against a looser perhaps fishy player, I'd at 3-bet.

beernutz
06-21-2005, 10:41 PM
If I have any low and the nut full house I three bet against all opponents. "House" is not specific enough as there are houses and there are houses.

PokrLikeItsProse
06-22-2005, 01:21 AM
If you have a full house, your opponent may also have a full house. Do you have the best possible full house? Does the money you save in the rake if the pot is split offset the money you win/save if your opponent has a worse full house and no low or a better full house/quads with or without a low? There have been many times when I have slowed down with a high hand on a board with a low-possible only to find out that my opponent had no low.

It also matters if you are in a heads-up match or a full game where you are heads-up on the end.

Wintermute
06-22-2005, 03:25 PM
NEVER worry about feeding the rake. You are losing pennies by "feeding the rake", but you stand to win dollars if you scoop because the other guy is an idiot with no low. You only have to catch him 1 in what, 50? times to break even. It'll happen.

JoshuaMayes
06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NEVER worry about feeding the rake. You are losing pennies by "feeding the rake", but you stand to win dollars if you scoop because the other guy is an idiot with no low. You only have to catch him 1 in what, 50? times to break even. It'll happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

"You're feeding the rake" is a complaint that aggressive players hear all the time. Ignore it. I am surprised how often I raise a nut high hand while certain that I am splitting with a low, only to scoop because the opponent was betting some junk high hand with no low. If you are playing 3/6 or above, the rake will often be maxed by the river anyway.

Grinder
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I had been raising and wasn't sure if i was overall in the right Ballpark. I have been playing .50 limit and .25 no limit but it is true many times there will be a third with no shot at all that will be a calling station

beeyjay
06-23-2005, 01:19 AM
i used to wonder about this myself, but as others have said, you will show down and kill this dude so often, at least up to 5/10 that you shouldnt even think twice about poppin this agaiin.