PDA

View Full Version : DURBIN finally apologizes.....

trippin bily
06-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Pick your news source and watch Durbins tear filled apology
he put out today.
Must have taken some heat over the weekend.
This time its a real apology.
Whacha say now Parrot????

JackWhite
06-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Between Durbin and Voinovich, there is way too much crying in the Senate these days.

Utah
06-21-2005, 11:12 PM
His comments were irresponsible, but they were not necessarily wrong

BCPVP
06-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Too little too late...

trippin bily
06-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Man are you right on target.
Voinivich cried over Bolton for godssakes !
I'm ashamed to say I'm from Ohio.

BCPVP
06-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Rush (as well as others) made an interesting point today regarding this "apology". He noted that Trent Lott, after the stupid comment he made about Strom Thurmond, apologized not once, not twice, but FIVE times and his apology was never really accepted. The GOP leadership cut the man off at the knees, took away his leadership position and publicly rebuked the man (I believe the WH did as well).

Compare all of that to what has happened regarding Durbin. The man offers a non-apologetic apology and Republicans trip over themselves to accept it.

On a final note, I don't believe his crocodile tears. This is like CBS redux. He says he has nothing to apologize for but after the temperature gets too hot, he chickens out and "apologizes" for offending some. HA! With Lott it was a near instant lynching by friend and foe.

Just an observation.

kurto
06-22-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and Republicans trip over themselves to accept it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have missed that. All I saw was the endless editorials crying for punishment. And Gingrich asking Congress to censure him.

PorscheNGuns
06-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Lott was jeopardizing a steadily expanding, though small, voter base.

Everyone already knows the Democratic constituency could care less about American troops.

-Matt

kurto
06-22-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone already knows the Democratic constituency could care less about American troops.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Is this guy parodying jaxmike?

Dr Wogga
06-22-2005, 11:33 PM
....you're not from Massachusetts. Imagine living in a state that has elected Ted "The swimmer" Kennedy every year since he was in his mother's womb..........Rumor has it that he left the afterbirth in a sunken car and tried to get his cousin to coverup