PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise, a Fake Reporter, a Squirting Microphone, and a Pwning

Dynasty
06-21-2005, 06:23 PM
I saw a report about this yesterday and came across a link to this video of what happened.

Video (http://www.tampabays10.com/video/player.aspx?aid=18920&sid=15047&bw=hi)

ThaSaltCracka
06-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I wanted to see this. LOLOLOL.

It was broughten, then Tom Served him back, now its on.

asofel
06-21-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw a report about this yesterday and came across a link to this video of what happened.

Video (http://www.tampabays10.com/video/player.aspx?aid=18920&sid=15047&bw=hi)

[/ QUOTE ]

its funny how he doesn't seem to mind at first, then gets serious. that'd piss me off though, and i have a decent sense of humor...

nolanfan34
06-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I gotta say, I think Cruise kind of pwned that guy by pretty much not reacting to it at all. If they were expecting him to overreact and run off, they didn't get it.

ThaSaltCracka
06-21-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah, I agree.

asofel
06-21-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I gotta say, I think Cruise kind of pwned that guy by pretty much not reacting to it at all. If they were expecting him to overreact and run off, they didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy even said, "i didn't think you'd react that way"....what was he expecting? A big bunch of laughs? Its too bad he couldn't have gotten a swing at him without having that blasted round the world too...

[censored]
06-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Tom Cruise came off looking fine and the "reporter" like an ass. I assume that's who got pwned?

wacki
06-21-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tom Cruise came off looking fine and the "reporter" like an ass. I assume that's who got pwned?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

young nut
06-21-2005, 06:38 PM
heh, the reporter got even more owned. I watched something about this on ET last night and Cruise has the reporter arrested and could possibly face assault charges. pizowned /images/graemlins/grin.gif

krazyace5
06-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Maybe he was waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out and say "you just got punked" but when that didn't happen he got pissed.

bernie
06-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Wow. Best version of it I've seen so far.

I thought Tom handled it fantastic. I think alot of sports stars could learn alot from that video.

b

shant
06-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Tom Cruise handled that so well. He [censored] pwned that guy so hard. The guy came off looking like a schmuck.

A_C_Slater
06-21-2005, 07:03 PM
He handled that situation about as impeccably as a high profile person could.

Alobar
06-21-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tom Cruise handled that so well. He [censored] pwned that guy so hard. The guy came off looking like a schmuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was impressed. Must be that scientology thing, keeps him level /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously, im sooo sick of this guy lately, yet his respect level was upped a little after this video

oreogod
06-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Tom ripped that guy down. Say I decided to do this (which I would not, its a stupid joke)...I would feel like crap. Tom was calm, cool, and handled this really well.

Most ppl would flip out, and swear up a storm...he killed this guy.

Reef
06-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Tom Cruise's play .. genius

Sooga
06-21-2005, 07:18 PM
If this is how all scientologists handle themselves, I may have to convert.

klagett
06-21-2005, 07:23 PM
If I was doing katie holmes just about every night I'd probably be a pretty happy camper no matter what happened also.

Phoenix1010
06-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that the reporter dude is crying as he walks away at the end? Look at the his mouth. Awesome.

Alobar
06-21-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who noticed that the reporter dude is crying as he walks away at the end? Look at the his mouth. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? I find that hard to believe...I might have to watch it again tho, that would be awesome if true

college_boy
06-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure he's not crying.

[censored]
06-21-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? I find that hard to believe...I might have to watch it again tho, that would be awesome if true

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if true the pwning factor just increased exponentially

BruinEric
06-21-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this is how all scientolgists handle themselves, I may have to convert.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is behavior conditioned by sessions on the E-Meter, a Sciento!ogy gizmo which essentially measures your reactions to various topics and situations.

From what I've been told, part of the "path" of Scientol0gy includes being able to cope with situations and express oneself without outwardly losing control or showing unplanned emotion.

By running various drills with the E-Meter, apparently this coping ability is aided in development.

My thoughts above come only from reading comments from former Scient@logists and not from any personal experience with Hub^bard's group.

James Boston
06-21-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched something about this on ET last night and Cruise has the reporter arrested and could possibly face assault charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cruise did handle himself well, but if the above is true, he's pretty lame. Getting squirted in the face with water does not constitute assault, IMO.

EliteNinja
06-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Wow, Tom totally handled that well.
I'm impressed.

Tron
06-21-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this is how all scientolgists handle themselves, I may have to convert.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is behavior conditioned by sessions on the E-Meter, a Sciento!ogy gizmo which essentially measures your reactions to various topics and situations.

From what I've been told, part of the "path" of Scientol0gy includes being able to cope with situations and express oneself without outwardly losing control or showing unplanned emotion.

By running various drills with the E-Meter, apparently this coping ability is aided in development.

My thoughts above come only from reading comments from former Scient@logists and not from any personal experience with Hub^bard's group.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, "scientology" isn't a [censored] word. You can just type it normally.

CourtesyFlush
06-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Cruise really did own that guy, he must've felt like such a tool after that.

I like when the guy tried walk away and Cruise says "wait, don't run away" so he can lay into him even more.

bernie
06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I watched something about this on ET last night and Cruise has the reporter arrested and could possibly face assault charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cruise did handle himself well, but if the above is true, he's pretty lame. Getting squirted in the face with water does not constitute assault, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the state of people today, what if it wasn't water?

b

stankybank
06-21-2005, 09:00 PM
ROFLMAOLOLOLOLOLOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

'why would you do that?' 'you're a jerk'

LOLOLOLOL

this is a classic along with Bill Gates getting pie faced.

fluxrad
06-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Dude. Tom Cruise pimped that situation so hard he made me feel bad, like I had something to do with his ass getting sprayed.

James Boston
06-21-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what if it wasn't water?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it becomes a different matter, but it was water.

Olof
06-21-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Then it becomes a different matter, but it was water.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Tom Cruise doesn't know this for certain at the time, so I don't think calling it assault is unreasonable.

SpearsBritney
06-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Haha I just finished saying what a tool he's been acting like lately in the science forum. Totaly redeemed himself there. Wow.

James Boston
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But Tom Cruise doesn't know this for certain at the time

[/ QUOTE ]

So what could he have thought it was, battery acid?

Olof
06-21-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So what could he have thought it was, battery acid?

[/ QUOTE ]

No any form of harmful clear liquid. You are aware that such liquids exist, right?

James Boston
06-22-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any form of harmful clear liquid. You are aware that such liquids exist, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Rather than go round and round, we should just accept that Cruise most likely knew it was water, and just filed the charge to prove a point, not because he felt assaulted.

CourtesyFlush
06-22-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude. Tom Cruise pimped that situation so hard he made me feel bad, like I had something to do with his ass getting sprayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, exactly...he made me feel guilty for watching a video of him being sprayed and expecting to laugh at his reaction

CourtesyFlush
06-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Did anyone else feel like they were watching a scene from a movie when cruise was lecturing that guy? Something about how calm and intense he was, it didnt even seem real. When he said, "You're a jerk" he had such conviction in his voice that if he had said it to me I would actually think myself a jerk for the rest of my life.

AngryCola
06-22-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it could be considered an assault, it still makes him look like a huge sissy.
He was squirted with water, and made the guy who did it look like an ass.

Why can't that be enough?
It was just water.

Get out a wad of cash, dry yourself off with it, then light it on fire.

Move on.

soah
06-22-2005, 12:39 AM
I think Cruise overreacted to this... that's not to say that he handled himself poorly, but it just feels like he's making a mountain from a molehill. As far as practical jokes go, getting squirted with water is about as harmless as they get. You can even see him laughing while the water is hitting him, and then it's like he suddenly changes his mind and decides it is no longer funny.

Although on the other hand, there's not really any good reason to go around spraying water at people, and celebrities already have to put up with a lot of [censored] from people, so maybe I would feel differently about this if I were in his shoes.

ptmusic
06-22-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else feel like they were watching a scene from a movie when cruise was lecturing that guy? Something about how calm and intense he was, it didnt even seem real. When he said, "You're a jerk" he had such conviction in his voice that if he had said it to me I would actually think myself a jerk for the rest of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys do know this was staged, don't you? He goes out with hot chicks so no one thinks he's gay, and he acts out a paparrazi scene with a hired "reporter" so no one thinks he's a wuss.

-ptmusic

Skipbidder
06-22-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't "essentially measure your reactions to various topics and situations". It is merely an ohm-meter, nothing more.

bernie
06-22-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any form of harmful clear liquid. You are aware that such liquids exist, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Rather than go round and round, we should just accept that Cruise most likely knew it was water, and just filed the charge to prove a point, not because he felt assaulted.

[/ QUOTE ]

bernie
06-22-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can even see him laughing while the water is hitting him,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was laughing the laughter of glee, nor was he laughing at the joke. I think it was more reactionary than intended laugh as if they were sharing a joke.

b

sublime
06-22-2005, 02:22 AM
see than granny handling the banana? wowser

daveymck
06-22-2005, 05:11 AM
The guy who did it was arrested along with the 3 members of the film crew, it was for a series on C4 over here. If they get done for assault I will be disgusted in the british legal system.

We had a show here on the same channel where this guy would interview celebs at parties or on the red carpet at premiers and he would ask them rude questions to get a reaction, it seems that this is some sort of follow up show.

dhaimon
06-22-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

BruinEric
06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't "essentially measure your reactions to various topics and situations". It is merely an ohm-meter, nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a way, it DOES measure one's reactions in the sense of measuring body resistance in the same way that part of a lie detector does (from my limited understanding.)

What I wrote was much easier than writing "a scient0logist learns through feedback during auditing and feedback from the E-meter to exert control over the semi-automatic mechanisms that control enough membrane bound ion channels to change their body resistance enough to provoke a measurable response in the E-meter." (excerpted from this website: http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/E-Meter/biophysics.html)

At the facts lurkers wanted to learn about e-meters are here:

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/E-Meter/

I concede to any facts in the above about this device which correct my original quickly written comment on this thread.

RacersEdge
06-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Cruise should just sue the hell out of this guy and his company/TV station. Make the next "prankster" show think twice about their little tricks.

jakethebake
06-22-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tom Cruise came off looking fine and the "reporter" like an ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad. I hate Tom Cruise.

-Skeme-
06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Tom totally made him look like an [censored]. http://www.spitflames.com/images/Laugh.gif @ "You're a jerk!"

jakethebake
06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jakethebake
06-22-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cruise should just sue the hell out of this guy and his company/TV station. Make the next "prankster" show think twice about their little tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Clearly there are not enough frivolous lawsuits. Everyone should use the legal system whenever possible.

texaspimp
06-22-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tom Cruise came off looking fine and the "reporter" like an ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad. I hate Tom Cruise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be a fan. This whole Scientology thing and Katie Holmes is freakin creepy man. He must have the WORST PR team ever!

RacersEdge
06-22-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't think it's frivolous at all. I'm not sure the actual legal definition of assault, but to me this is easily it. It doesn't matter if it ends up being physically harmless - the point is this clown totally abused another person. Period.

jakethebake
06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's frivolous at all. I'm not sure the actual legal definition of assault, but to me this is easily it. It doesn't matter if it ends up being physically harmless - the point is this clown totally abused another person. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be pretty much the definition of frivolous in my opinion. Suing for something that may be technically illegal but is completely harmless. He handled the situation very well. He made the guy look and feel like an ass. He should let it die.